Using the Remote to Control Your Components
Because this remote controls more than one component, you must first “tell” the remote which component you wish to operate. That means, if you wish to operate your TV, you must first press the TV key to put the remote in the TV Mode. The remote stays in the chosen component mode (such as TV Mode) until you change it. If your remote is in TV Mode, you must change the mode in order to operate your DVD or VCR, satellite receiver or cable box. For example, if you are in VCR Mode, and you wish to turn off your TV, you must press the TV key first before pressing the ON•OFF key.
Today’s advanced components use on-screen menus to help you navigate through all their features and functions. While this remote cannot access every menu system of every component model, it does offer some menu functionality.
To use a component’s on-screen menu system, you first have to put the remote in Menu Mode.
- Make sure your components are turned on and your TV is set to the component’s input mode (Use the INPUT key to toggle through inputs when in TV Mode.)
- Press the component key whose menu you want to access.
- Press the MENU key. The illuminated On/Off key blinks, indicating you are in the Menu Mode.
- Use the VOL+/- and/or CH+/- keys to navigate through the on-screen menu system.
- To make a selection from the onscreen menu, press the MENU or OK key to select the highlighted item.
Tip: If the remote doesn't respond, check to see that the illuminated On/Off key is still blinking. It times out after 20 seconds. If this happens, just press the MENU key again, and then retry your selection.
Exiting a Menu Mode
The remote automatically times out of Menu Mode after 20 seconds of inactivity (no keys being pressed). At that time, the remote clears the displayed menu from the TV.
If you want to exit the Menu Mode yourself, press the corresponding component key on the remote (TV, DVD, VCR·AUX, SAT·CBL). The illuminated On/Off key turns off.
Sleep Timer (Select Models Only)
This feature automatically turns off your TV at a duration you choose from 1 to 99 minutes. The Sleep Timer only works if you have found a code that controls your TV. The timing mechanism for the Sleep Timer is built into your universal remote control. To program the Sleep Timer, follow these steps.
Programming the Sleep Timer:
- Press and release the TV key.
- Press and hold the SLEEP key for three seconds. The illuminated On/Off key turns on.
- Release the SLEEP key.
- Using the number keys, enter the desired time in minutes (from 1-99 minutes). To set the timer to a number under 10 minutes, first press 0 and then the desired number (e.g.,05 for five minutes). The illuminated On/Off key blinks with each keypress.
- Once the second number is entered, the illuminated On/Off key turns off.
Tip: Any keypress other than the number keys is ignored. If you don't enter the sleep time within 10 seconds after pressing the SLEEP key, you must start over at step 1. The illuminated On/Off blinks four times and then turns off, indicating your attempt to program the Sleep Timer has been unsuccessful.
- The Sleep Timer is now set.
- Leave remote aimed at the TV. Once the Sleep Timer is set, you can continue to use the remote without affecting the Sleep Timer. However, because the timing mechanism for the Sleep Timer is built into the remote itself, the remote must be in TV Mode and pointed at the TV to activate the Sleep Timer.
Canceling the Sleep Timer
The Sleep Timer program will be canceled and reset to zero by pressing and releasing the ON•OFF key.
For more information, please refer to your Owner's Manual.
- If you cannot locate your owners manual you can view the codes online and download a manual below however if the code is not listed for your specific component we will NOT be able to provide additional codes
- If your remote is over four years old, it might not be able to operate some newer components, or it may be able to operate some functions but not others.
ADDITIONAL RCA REMOTE CONTROL REFERENCES
The rcaaudiovideo.com site provides step by step videos, an online code finder as well as additional PDFs of Owner-User manuals and code lists. Please see the information below for the latest information.
RCA Online Code Finder
To access the RCA Online Remote Control Code Finder to search for a component code that is compatible with your RCA remote, Click Here.
If you don't see your RCA remote listed by MODEL NUMBER, please send us Feedback saying Code Not Found (just click on How well did this answer your question? below to add feedback) and we will get the codes posted as soon as possible.
User Manual Search
If you don't see your remote control model listed on this support site please send us Feedback saying Manual Not Found (just click on How well did this answer your question? below to add feedback) and we will get the manual posted as soon as possible.
To access the RCA Site for user manuals not found in the support FAQ's Click Here and enter your remote control by MODEL NUMBER and check Manual in the search box at the top left of the page.
Step By Step Videos