Operating the RCA RP3750, RP3750A Clock Radio
To set clock and wake time, slide the selector switch on the top of the unit to select between setting LOCK, WK1, WK2 and CLOCK.
- Slide the selector switch to Clock.
- Press TUNING/TIME DN or UP to select the current time. Note: Press and hold TUNING/TIME DN or UP to skip fast. The time display is in 12-hour format. AM/PM indicator will light to show AM or PM time respectively.
You can choose to wake to Radio, CD or tone.
Setting Wake to Tone:
- Slide the selector switch to select WK1 or WK2.
- If the selector switch is set to WK1, press WK1 to select wake to tone. Press WK2 if the selector switch is set to WK2 to select wake to tone.
- Press TUNING/TIME DN or UP to set the wake time. Tip: With he GRADUWAKE feature, the alarm tone volume will increase gradually to its maximum in about 30 to 45 seconds. Note: You cannot adjust the volume level of the alarm tone.
Setting Wake to Radio:
- Slide the selector switch on the tip of the unit to WK1.
- Press WK1 repeatedly until the indicator flashes on the display.
- Press TUNING/TIME N or UP to select the time you want the radio to turn on.
- Setting Wake Station: Press RADIO ON/BAND to select AM/PM and press TUNING/TIME DN or UP to tune to your desired station. Press MEMO SET to enter preset mode and Press MEMO RECALL repeatedly to select Alarm Memo "PAL" (11th preset station). Press MEMO SET to confirm your selection.
- Turn the Volume Dial to adjust the desired wake-up volume.
- Press OFF to turn off the unit. If no Wake Station is set, the wake station will stay at your last listening station. When setting WK2, follow the same procedure described above. To change to another wake mode (e.g. from CD to radio, simple press WK1 or WK2 to scroll through wake options.
Setting Wake to CD:
- Slide the selector switch on the top of the unit to WK1.
- Press WK1 until wake the CD indicator lights on the display.
- Press TUNING/TIME DN or UP to select the time you want CD playback to begin.
- Insert a disc in the compartment. To wake up to your preferred CD track (default is track 1), press and hold WAKE UP CD TRACK while pressing TUNING/TIME DN or UP to select track to wake up to. Press PLAY to listen to the Wake-up volume.
- Turn the volume dial to adjust the desired wake-up volume.
- Press OFF to turn off the unit. If the CD compartment is empty, the alarm tone will sound instead when in fact WAKE TO CD mode is selected. When setting WK2, same procedure is followed. To change to another wake mode (e.g. from CD to radio, simply press WK1 or WK2 to scroll through wake options.
Adjusting Snooze Duration: The snooze-alarm control allows extra sleep time after the unit turns on in alarm mode. Press to turn off the alarm until the snooze period is over. You can use the SNOOZE feature repeatedly for up to about 2 hours, after which the unit will turn off until the next alarm conditions are met.
- Press and hold SNOOZE.
- Press TUNING/TIME DN or UP on the top of the unit to set the "quiet" period (default is 9 minutes) from 1 minute to 30 minutes for which the alarm momentarily goes off.
- To silence the alarm momentarily: Press SNOOZE and the alarm will sound again when the snooze period is over (see “Adjusting snooze duration” above).
- To stop alarm from sounding: Press OFF and the alarm will be on again the following day at the same time.
- To cancel alarm completely: Press CANCEL then WK 1 or WK 2 and the corresponding alarm(s) won't sound again the following day. WAKE indicators will not be displayed. If you press WK 1 or WK 2 button again, the previous preset time remains unchanged.
- If uninterrupted, the alarms will stop sounding in 2 hours.
Setting NAP Duration: You may take a short nap and be woken up by the alarm.
- Press NAP on the top of the unit.
- The NAP indicator flashes and 0:20 (as default setting) will appear on the display. (i.e. alarm will be turned on in 20 minutes). Display will switch back to real clock time after about 3 seconds.
- Before display switches back to clock time, press to set nap time. Nap time decrease or increase at 10 -minute intervals between 10 and 120 minutes.
- Press NAP to activate nap function. The display returns to the real clock time. NAP indicator lights continuously. Alarm will sound once the timer reaches 0:00.
- Press and hold NAP until the NAP indicator disappears to cancel NAP timer.
Tip: To check the remain NAP timer, press NAP. The display will show the minutes left. After 3 seconds, the display will return to clock time.
Listening to Radio
- Press RADIO ON/BAND to turn on the radio.
- Press again to select AM/FM.
- Press TUNING/TIME DN or UP repeatedly to manually set to your desired station. The frequency will decrease or increase as you press the respective buttons.
- Adjust to your desired listening level.
- To turn off the unit, press OFF.
To improve reception, you may try to:
- move or rotate the unit for AM reception
- slide the FM RADIO switch on the back of the unit to mono MO for FM reception.
Automatic Station Search: Press and hold either TUNING/TIME DN or UP for more than 1 second and release. Automatic station search starts and stops when channel is found.
Radio Frequency Memory: Refer to “Listening to Radio” to tune to the station to be stored in memory.
- Set frequency into memory.
- Press MEMO SET . Preset station number will flash on the display and will be automatically assigned (the next available number).
- Press MEMO RECALL if you want to select another preset location.
- Press MEMO SET to confirm your settings.
- Maximum 11 (10 preset locations and 1 alarm memory location) preset stations can be stored.
- You can also overwrite preset station numbers by pressing MEMO SET to enter setting mode. Press RECALL to select the number and press MEMO SET again to confirm selection.
Cancel Memory: Press and hold MEMO SET to cancel memory setting.
Memory Recall: Press MEMO RECALL repeatedly to recall preset stations when radio is on.
Listening to Compact Discs
- Press OPEN to open the door.
- Insert a disc and press the door close.
- Press PLAY.
- Adjust to your desired listening level.
- If the unit contains no CD, the display will show “nd” when you press PLAY.
- Press TUNING TIME DN or UP to search reverse or forward to select track.
- Press REPEAT/SHUFFLE to select any repeat and shuffle options. The corresponding indicator for each option will light when selected. REPEAT - repeats disc. REPEAT indicator will light up. SHUFFLE - playing tracks in random order. SHUFFLE indicator will light. REPEAT & SHUFFLE - repeats disc with tracks playing in random order. Both REPEAT and SHUFFLE indicator will light. DE-SELECTION.
- Press PLAY/PAUSE to pause playback. Press again to resume.
- Press Stop to stop playback.
Sleep to CD/Radio
You can drift off to sleep to CD/radio knowing that the unit will turn itself off automatically. If alarm is set, the unit will turn on again as programmed.
- Select CD or turn on the Radio.
- Press and hold SLEEP while pressing TUNING TIME DN or UP to adjust the time. Sleep time can be set from 1 minute to 2 hours. The default sleep time is 0:59 minutes.
- CD: Press PLAY. CD play mode will automatically be in Repeat All mode when using Sleep to CD setting. The unit will turn off automatically once sleep time is reached.
Radio: Sleep station will automatically switch to the last sleep station setting. You must reset to sleep to a different station. After Sleep is activated, press RADIO ON/BAND to select band. Press TUNING TIME DN or UP to tune to the station you want to sleep to.
- The next time you reactivate the sleep function by pressing SLEEP , settings will remain the same as the last time they were set.
- If you decide to turn off the unit sooner, press or and this will shut off the sleep cycle.
- When sleep mode is active, subsequent press on to show the remaining time before the unit goes off.
Thank you for your inquiry - Audiovox values our customers and though this product is no longer in production nor does it qualifiy for warranty or repair due to the age of the product, limited support information may be available through our FAQ Database and/or Customer Service.
Before you proceed check this and other answers related to your product by searching with the Model Number of your product from the Search Box above.
NOTE: Technical support, parts, user manuals (not shown on this FAQ), accessories, or repairs are either limited or NOT available for discontinued models.