Programming the RCA CRCR351, RCR351 Universal Remote Control
To use this universal remote with your home entertainment system, first you need to program it to control your devices. There are four ways you can program the universal remote to operate your devices:
- The Auto Code Search goes automatically through all the codes for the device you're trying to control. It’s the easiest method, but it can sometimes take longer than some of the other programming methods.
- The Brand Code Search searches through the codes for select brands of devices. It’s not as easy as the auto code search, but it can be faster.
- The Direct Code Entry lets you enter a code from the accompanying code list for your brand of device. It’s not as easy as the other methods, but it’s potentially the fastest method.
- The Manual Code Search lets you manually go through all the codes for the device you're trying to control.
Auto Code Search
The Auto Code Search goes automatically through all the codes for the device you're trying to control. When you find the one that operates your device, you can stop the search and store that code.
TIP: To exit without saving a new code at any point in the Auto Code Search, press the GO BACK key.
- Manually turn on the device you want to control.
- If you're programming the TV or SAT•CBL•DTC key, go to step 3.
If you're programming the VCR•DVD key, you need to tell the remote which kind of device you want this key to control, VCR or DVD.
Press and hold the VCR•DVD key. While you're holding down the VCR•DVD key, use your other hand to press the number key for the type of device you want to control with this key: 2 for VCR, 3 for DVD. Then release both keys.
- Press and hold the device key you want to program. While you're holding down the device key, use your other hand to press and hold the remote’s ON•OFF key at the same time.
- Wait until the remote’s indicator comes on and stays on. Then release both keys.
- Point the remote directly at the front panel of the device you want to control. Press PLAY on the remote and wait 5 seconds. The remote is testing a batch of 10 codes on your device.
Did your device turn off?
YES: Go to step 6.
NO: Press PLAY again. The remote tests the next batch of 10 codes. Keep pressing PLAY every 5 seconds until your device turns off.
- When your device turns off, press the REVERSE key on the remote and wait at least 2 seconds. The remote tries the last of the previous ten codes.
Did your device turn on?
YES: Press the STOP key. You're done! You've programmed this device key.
NO: Press REVERSE again. The remote tests the next code in the batch. Keep pressing REVERSE every 2 seconds until your device turns back on. When it does, press STOP.
Note: If you accidentally press the REVERSE key after your device turns on, press the FORWARD key. Then, wait two seconds to see if your device turns off again.
- Throughout the programming of each key, be sure to keep the remote pointed at the IR sensor of the device you are currently programming the remote to control.
- Test the remote with the device to make sure the device key is programmed with the correct code for maximum functionality. If some features don't work, try a different code. Se