Operating the RCA RCU600M Universal Remote Control
The six-component universal remote is already programmed to operate most RCA, GE and PROSCAN branded TVs, VCRs, DVD players and SATELLITE receivers (DBS). Just press the corresponding component key— TV, VCR, DVD, DBS•SAT, CABLE, AUDIO—and your six-component universal remote is ready to go!
Primary Key Descriptions For VIDEO Operations
Other Keys (Listed Alphabetically): Certain keys on the six-component universal remote have dual functions. Primary functions are printed in black. Secondary key functions are printed in blue on the remote and are used for AUDIO operations.
- 0-9 (Number Keys): operate the same as number keys on your original remote and are used to enter component codes when programming the remote control with Direct Entry method.
- ANTENNA: in TV Mode, switches between the signal coming from a satellite receiver or cable box and an off-air antenna. In VCR Mode, switches between the signal coming from a VCR and a TV.
- CH+ and CH- (CHANNEL UP and CHANNEL DOWN): goes to the next highest or lowest channel number in the component channel list, respectively, except for DVDs. In DVDs, the CH+ and CH- keys refers to the NEXT/PREVIOUS chapter.
- CLEAR: removes the on-screen display to return to normal viewing.
- CODE SEARCH: use to program the remote.
- ENTER: use with Manual or Automatic Code Search method to accept code (See Code Lists towards the end of this FAQ). Also, some brands require you to press the ENTER key after you enter a channel number. In some menu systems, you must press the ENTER key to select a highlighted item.
- GO BACK: switches back to previous channel– operates the same as PREV CH, LAST CHANNEL or RECALL keys found on some brands of remote controls.
- GUIDE: brings up the on-screen TV program guide, if your TV is equipped with that feature.
- INFO: shows program information, if your component is equipped with this feature. Functions the same as a DISPLAY key.
- INPUT: selects the video inputs of your TV, if equipped with this feature.
- MENU•PROG: accesses DVD disc menus when playing a DVD disc. Accesses menu systems of some TVs, a few RCA brand VCRs and satellite receivers. (For more information, refer to the On-screen Menus section below).
- MUTE: lowers the TV’s volume to its minimum level.
- NAVIGATION KEYS & SELECT: used to move through on-screen menus and guides. Use the NAVIGATION keys to move the highlighted choice up, down, left or right.
- ON•OFF: turns component on and off.
Note: Some RCA, GE and PROSCAN models require that you press the component key to turn the component on and the ON•OFF key to turn the component off.
- PIP: (Picture-in-Picture) and SWAP operate your TV’s Picture-in-Picture, if your TV is equipped with this feature.
- RECORD: use with VCR to record programming. You must press the RECORD key twice to start recording.
- SLEEP: allows you to set a time to turn off your TV automatically.
- VOL: increases or decreases the TV or AUDIO system’s volume level.
Secondary Key Descriptions For AUDIO Operations
Certain keys on the six-component universal remote have dual functions. Secondary key functions are printed in blue on the remote and are used for AUDIO operation