- On the remote control’s back, push the tab and lift off the battery cover.
- Obtain two (2) new AAA alkaline batteries. Match the + and –marks on the batteries to the + and –marks in the battery case, then insert the new batteries.
- Press the battery cover back into place.The tab should click when the cover is locked.
- Test the remote control by pressing any mode key (e.g., TV). If the batteries are inserted correctly, the LED (red light) will blink.
Note: When batteries need replacement, the remote control will stop operating. Remove the old batteries and insert new ones within 10 minutes to ensure all of your programming information is restored.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable (nickel cadmium)batteries.
- Always remove old,weak or worn-out batteries promptly and recycle or dispose of them in accordance with Local and National Regulations.
Programming Device Control
The One For All 4 Device Universal Remote Control is preprogrammed at the factory to operate an RCA TV, a Toshiba DVD player, Motorola cable box, and an RCA VCR. To control devices other than the default brands,perform the following steps; otherwise skip this section:
- Turn on a desired device (e.g.,VCR or DVD player) and, if applicable, insert media (e.g., cassette or disc).
Note: Please read steps 2 through 4 completely before proceeding. Highlight or write down the codes and device you wish to program before starting step 2.
- On the remote control,press a device key once (i.e., VCR/PVR, DVD,CBL/SAT,or TV).
Note: To program control of a VCR, PVR (or DVR),TV/VCR Combo, or TV/VCR/DVD Player Combo press VCR/PVR once. After programming a VCR Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection, volume, and VCR functions.
Note: To program control of a DVD Player,DVD Player/VCR Combo, or TV/DVD Player Combo, press DVD once. After programming a DVD Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection, volume, and DVD functions.
<span style="FONT-STYLE: italic; COLOR: