Program for DVD/AUX - Direct Entry Method on the RCA RCU404N Remote Control
In order for the 4 component universal remote to control your DVD player or auxiliary component, you must program it with the code that matches your component. The DVD•AUX key can be programmed to operate a DVD player or a second TV, VCR, DBS or cable box. These instructions explain the preferred method of programming the remote—the Direct Entry method.
1. Manually turn on the component you wish to assign to the DVD•AUX key (TV, VCR, DVD, DBS System or cable box).
2. Locate the enclosed DVD code list, or the
Note: If your brand isn't listed, use one of the Code Search methods to program this remote control (See Code Search on page 9).
3. Press and hold the CODE SEARCH key until the INDICATOR LIGHT illuminates, then release the CODE SEARCH key.
4. Press and release the DVD•AUX key. The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink.
5. To program for DVD, press the VCR key. For an auxiliary component, press the corresponding component key (TV, VCR, DBS•CABLE). The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink again, then remain lit.
6. Use the number keys on the remote to enter the first code listed for your brand. After you enter a valid three-digit code, the indicator light turns off.
Note: If you enter an invalid code, the LED will flash rapidly for 2 seconds. Start over at step 3.
7. Aim the remote at your component and press the ON•OFF key. If your component turns off, you have found the correct code.
8. Enter the code in the box provided on this page for future reference.
9. If your component doesn't turn off, repeat steps 3-7 above, entering the next code for your brand. If none of the codes work or your brand is not listed, use one of the Code Search methods to program this remote (See Code Search on page 9).
For a description of each key on the remote control, refer to the Key Descriptions section page 3-4.