The LF-IRX can control virtually any household device that is operated via infrared remote control, including:
- Satellite Receivers
- Personal Video Recorders (TiVO, UltimateTV)
- Cable Converter Boxes
- CD Players
- Stereo Receivers
- Tape Decks
- DVD Players
- TV Sets
IMPORTANT: The LF-IRX does not operate RF signal remotes.
The following basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and personal injury, please be sure to read and understand all of them before operating your TERK Remote Control Extender:
- Read and understand all of the instructions in your User Manual.
- Follow all warnings and instructions indicated in the manual and on the product itself.
- Do not use your LF-IRX in or near any body of water, such as a bath tub, washbowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a wet basement, or in or near a swimming pool.
- Be sure to place your LF-IRX on a stable, level surface. Placing the product on any unstable surface may cause the product to fall.
- Do not attempt to clean your LF-IRX while it is plugged in. Unplug the product from the wall outlet before cleaning.
- Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners to clean your LF-IRX. Clean only with a damp cloth.
- This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product, but take it to a qualified service person if service or repair work is required. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks and will void the warranty. Incorrect reassembly can cause electric shock when the product is subsequently used.
Unplug your LF-IRX from the wall outlet and contact a qualified electronic service technician if any of the following should occur:
- The plug is damaged or the cord has been broken or frayed.
- Liquid has been spilled into the product.
- The product has been exposed to rain or water.
- The product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions.
- The product has been dropped or otherwise damaged and will not work.
- The product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
- No repairs to the unit(s) should be attempted by the customer.
We recommend the following steps to correct signal transmission problems:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the Receiver.
- If the Receiver and the component that is being operated are plugged into the same electrical outlet, plug the Receiver into a different outlet.
Call Terk Tech Support at 1-800-942-TERK (8375) with any product or application questions.