FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS
Use the information below to learn how to use the universal features and functions of the One For All 8L Universal Remote Control with Learning (URC8820 B00).
- The LED (red light), which is located underneath the POWER Key, blinks to show that the remote control is working and is sending signals.
- Press TV, CBL/SAT, VCR, DVD, CD, PVR, AUD or AUX once to select a desired home entertainment device to control.
- Press POWER once to turn on or off the selected device. For master power control, see “Programming a Master Power Macro” in the Advanced Features Programming FAQ.
- Press MENU once to display your selected device’s main menu.
- Use GUIDE to display your selected device’s program guide or setup menu.
- Use EXIT to exit from your selected device’s guide or menu.
- Use INFO to display the current channel and program information.
- Use the Cursor Keys to move the cursor in the program guide and menu screens.
- Use OK to choose options from your selected device’s menu or guide.
- In the RCVR/AMP mode, use OK to set the surround sound. Use Up or Down to adjust the volume higher or lower. Use Left or Right to adjust the balance left or right.
- Use VOL + or VOL - to raise or lower the sound volume.
- Press MUTE once to turn the sound off or on.
- In TV, VCR, DVD or CBL/SAT modes, use FAV to scan favorite channels and/or all channels. (See “Using Channel Scan” and “Programming Favorite Channel Scan” in the Advanced Features Programming FAQ.)
- Use CH + or CH - to select the next higher or lower channel.
- Press PREV once to recall the last-viewed channel and to page back one screen on the main menu. In the AUD, DVD and CD modes, use DISC to change disk (if available on your device).
- Use the keypad (1 ~ 9 and 0) to directly select channels (e.g., 009 or 031). In the AUD mode, use the keypad (1 ~ 9 and 0) to select audio sources 1 through 10.
- Press ENTER once after entering the channel numbers on some TVs. In the CD mode, use ENTER to add 10 to the digit entry (e.g., ENTER and 7 is 17).
- Use INPUT to switch the TV's input to view TV or video programs.
- Use the Transport Keys to control your PVR/DVR, VCR, DVD, or CD player, or VOD (Video On Demand) if available on your cable or satellite service.
- Press REC to record a DVD or VCR program.
- After programming, press M1 or M2 once to run a desired macro (see “Using Macros” in the Advanced Features Programming FAQ).
- Use PIP to switch the Picture-In-Picture feature on or off (if available on your TV).
- Use MOVE to move the window picture to different positions in the main picture.
- Use SWAP to switch images and sound between the main and window pictures.
- Press SLEEP to activate your device's sleep timer (not available for all devices).
- Use CC to turn on closed caption or subtitles. If you have a PVR/DVR device, use SHOWS to access your list of recorded shows.
- Use FORMAT to change the Aspect Ratio of your display (16:9). If you have a PVR/DVR device, use LIVE to return to live programming.
- Use +100 if your device requires this key to access channels greater than 100 (same as your original device). Use the (-) function to access your High Definition Channels (e.g., if your HD channel is 2.5, press 2 (-) 5).
- Use SET for all programming sequences.