WiFi Connection for the Acoustic Research ARAP50
Because your AirPlay system works wirelessly over your home's WiFi network, you must make sure your speaker is connected to that WiFi network.
To connect the ARAP50 to your existing home WiFi network, you need to apply your home WiFi settings to the unit. There are two primary ways to do this:
- Using the Acoustic Research AR Connect App – If you have an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, use the AR Connect App for the most simple set-up approach.
- Setting the network parameters manually – If you are using PC or Mac or you wish to configure advanced network settings, you should use this method to setup up the ARAP50.
Using the Acoustic Research AR Connect App:
- Turn on the ARAP50 by pressing the Power button. Wait until the Power indicator turns solid blue.
- Use the sync cable that came with your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to connect your device to the USB port on the back of the ARAP50.
- Once you connect, your device will prompt you to download an App to use with the ARAP50. Select Yes to continue.
- Enter your iTunes password to download and install the App on your device.
- Once the App has finished installing on your device, the AR Connect icon appears on your device’s home screen. Select this icon to launch the App. This App allows you to enjoy easy network set up and give a name to the ARAP50 which will appear in the list of choices when streaming audio.
- Once the App is launched instructions are provided within the App to help you complete the set-up process. Additional information is provided in the Quick Start Guide.
- The App is for iPad 2, iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch include 2nd, 3rd , 4th generation only (iOS 4.2 or later).
- If you accidentally dismiss the alert that comes up when you connect your device to the ARAP50, go to the App store and search for “AR Connect” to find the App.
- You are encouraged to download and install this App in order to enjoy easy network set up.
- Make sure the device you connect to the ARAP50 is in your WiFi network and connected to the Internet.
- Keep your device connected to the ARAP50 USB port while you run the AR Connect setup App.
Setting the network parameters manually (Setup on PC or Mac):
Enter Set Up mode:
- Press Power to turn on the unit. The Power indicator will be flashing in alternating blue and red.
- After successful boot-up, the Power indicator will turn to solid blue. Press and hold the Set Up button on the back of the ARAP50 for three seconds to enter Set Up mode. ARAP50 will restart. Wait until the Network indicator on the unit begins to flash green. If the Ne