Operating the Audiovox AS9055 Remote Start System
|Remote Starting the Vehicle:
The unit will not start the vehicle if any one of the following situations exists:
- The vehicle's hood lid is opened.
- The gear shift selector in not in Park.
- The brake pedal is depressed.
- The safety control switch is in the off position.
To start the vehicle:
- Press and release the transmitter button two times within 2 seconds. The vehicle will start and remain running for the preprogrammed run cycle. As a visual indication, the parking lights will flash or remain on depending on the setting by your installation center.
- When you arrive at the vehicle, turn the ignition key to the on position (not the start position).
- Step on the brake pedal to disengage the remote starter. The vehicle will continue to run but now on its own power.
NOTE: The engine will stop running before the pre-programmed run cycle has expired if you perform any one of the following functions:
- Press and the button on the key chain transmitter two times within 2 seconds.
- Depress the brake pedal.
- Open the vehicle's hood
- Move the safety control switch to the Off position.
|Where is the Valet Switch located?
Location of the VALET switch will vary as the location is determined by the installer. In some rare instances, the installer may not install the VALET switch.
Typical locations for valet switch:
- Under the driver's side dash (mounted in the under-dash covering trim panel or wire-tied to a harness)
- Mounted in the driver's side kick panel.
- Mounted in the steering column plastic housing.
- Behind a fuse block door or access panel.
- Low in the center console in the back of a pocket.
- Along side of the fuse block.
- In the glove compartment.
- The LED itself is also a push-button (select model systems)
- Newer systems will have a glass-mounted antenna. The valet switch is on this antenna.
|Safety Control Switch:
The red handled control switch allows you to temporarily disable the remote starting function of the system and moving this switch to the off position is recommended whenever the vehicle is being serviced. When the system is disabled, the remote door locks and optional accessories will remain operational.