Operating the AR ARS20i Clock Radio w/ iPod Dock
- iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- iPhone 4 16GB, 32GB
- iPhone 3GS 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- iPhone 3G 8GB, 16GB
- iPhone 4GB, 8GB,16GB
- iPod touch 4th generation 8GB, 32GB, 64GB
- iPod touch 3rd generation 32GB, 64GB
- iPod touch 2nd generation 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- iPod touch 1st generation 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- iPod nano 6th generation 8GB, 16GB
- iPod nano 5th generation 8GB or 16GB
- iPod nano 4th generation (video) 8GB, 16GB
- iPod nano 3rd generation (video) 4GB, 8GB
- iPod nano 2nd generation (aluminum) 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
- iPod nano 1GB, 2GB or 4GB
- SLEEP – Refer to “Sleep function”
- ALARM – Activate or change alarm settings
- CLOCK – Enter clock time setting mode
- PRESET – Save radio stations as presets or recall the presets
- << or >> – Search radio frequencies; skip or search music file in iPad/iPhone/ iPod; adjust clock time
- SOURCE – Select different sound source
- ON/OFF – Switch on the unit or switch the unit to standby mode
- DIMMER – Adjust display brightness
- - VOLUME + – Adjust volume
- SNOOZE – Turn off the wake function momentarily (9 minutes); turn off the current sleep timer
- DC 9V – Connect to the power adapter
- AUX IN – Auxiliary input jack
You can set the clock by synchronizing the unit with iPad/iPhone/iPod or set the clock manually.
Setting clock with time sync:
- Dock in iPad/iPhone/iPod.
- Press and hold CLOCK.
- The time on the LCD screen will flash for few seconds. Your clock is now set.
Note: The time on your iPhone is provided by your mobile phone service. The time on your iPod is provided from iTunes during the last connection to your computer. Please note that it is possible to have up to 59 seconds time difference between the unit and your iPhone or iPod time display.
Setting clock manually:
- Press CLOCK,12h or 24h will be displayed. Press << or >> to select time format and press CLOCK to confirm.
- The hour will flash. Press or to set the hour and press CLOCK to confirm. Then the minute will fl ash. Press << or >> to set the minute.
- To save and exit the clock setting, wait for about 5 seconds or press CLOCK to save the time.
Set wake time: This unit allows 2 wake times to be set.
- Press ALARM once to enable WAKE 1; press twice to enable WAKE 2; press 3 times to enable both WAKE 1 and WAKE 2; press ALARM the forth time to disable both Wakes.
- After pressing ALARM once to enable WAKE 1, WAKE 1 icon will flash. Press and hold ALARM to enter WAKE 1 setting mode.
- Press << or >> to set the hour.
- Press ALARM to confirm and then minute will flash. Press << or >> to set the minute and press ALARM again to confirm. The time decrements or increments by a faster rate when you press and hold the button.
- Press << or >> to select wake source by Alarm, Radio or iPad/iPhone/iPod. Press ALARM to confirm.
- Press << or >> to select the alarm volume from 00 to 31 and press ALARM to confirm. - If Waking to RADIO is selected, you will wake up to your most recently tuned radio station. Adjust the volume to your desired level. - If Waking to iPad/iPhone/iPod is selected, adjust the volume to your desired level. The last played file on the iPad/iPhone/iPod will be played when the wake function activates.
- After setting WAKE 1, press ALARM twice to enable WAKE 2. When the WAKE 2 icon is flashing, press and hold ALARM to enter WAKE 2 setting mode. Follow step 3 to step 6 to set WAKE 2.
- If there is no iPod/iPhone connected, the alarm tone will sound instead even if Waking to iPod mode is selected.
- When the wake function activates, the corresponding wake icon will flash until the wake function is turned off. The icon will then stop flashing, and then will remain lit.
Turn off the wake function:
- To silence the wake function momentarily: Press SNOOZE. The alarm will sound again when the snooze period (9 minutes) is over.
- To stop the wake function: Press ON/OFF. The alarm will be on again the following day at the same time.
- To disable the wake function completely: Press ALARM repeatedly until no corresponding wake indicator shows on the display.
Snooze: This operation allows extra sleep time after the wake function is on. The “quiet” period is 9 minutes. Snooze function can be used repeatedly up to 1 hour. After this, the wake function will turn off until the next day.
In the sleep mode, the radio, iPod or AUX mode can be set to operate for a certain period of time before turning off automatically.
To set the sleep time:
- Press SLEEP repeatedly to cycle among the sleep time available (90min, 60min, 30min, 15min and OFF). The icon flashes while selecting.
- When the desired sleep time is selected, release SLEEP and wait for about 5 seconds, the sleep time is now set. The icon lights on the display.
To change or check the remaining time in sleep mode: Press SLEEP once to check the remaining sleep time. Press SLEEP repeatedly to select another sleep time.
To turn off the unit before preset time: Press ON/OFF or press SNOOZE.
To disable the sleep timer and keep the unit playing: Press SLEEP repeatedly until OFF is displayed.
To turn on or off radio:
- Press ON/OFF. If you have selected AUX or iPod mode, then press SOURCE to select radio. The radio mode icon lights on the display.
- Press ON/OFF to turn off the radio, or press SOURCE to select AUX or iPod mode.
To tune frequency:
- Press << or >>. The selected frequency shows on the display.
- Press and hold to automatically search for the next available station.
Antenna: Extend the FM antenna on the rear panel to get the best reception. When tuning in FM stations, you may notice that the station you are tuning can be well-tuned on two or three nearby points. Always tune carefully at the loudest and clearest point.
To store a station as preset:
- Tune to a radio station.
- Press and hold PRESET. An available preset location shows on the display.
- Press << or >> to select a desired preset location (1-10).
- Press PRESET to confirm. You can save up to 10 preset stations.
To recall a preset station: In radio mode, press PRESET. The last selected preset location will show on the display. Press << or >> to select a preset station. After 3 seconds, the selected radio channel will play.
To connect iPad/iPhone/iPod: Dock in your iPad/iPhone/iPod vertically.
Alternatively, you may dock in your iPad horizontally.
- Move the rear support piece backward. When moving the rear support piece it is recommended that you use two hands to ensure that even force while moving. Be careful not to apply force to the clock display when moving the rear support piece as this may cause damage to the display.
- Put up the arm.
- Rotate the connector down and lock it.
- Be sure to move the rear support piece forward. Docking when the rear support piece is not in the correct position will place unnecessary, and possibly damaging strain on your connector.
- Place your iPad horizontally into the recess and plug in the connector to your iPad.
- To remove your iPad, repeat step 1 and then unplug your iPad from the connector. Unlock the connector and put back the arm to its original position.
To select iPod mode: Press SOURCE to select the iPod mode. The iPod mode icon will light. Playback from the iPad/iPhone/iPod starts automatically.
To control the playback: Press << or >> to skip to the previous or next file. Press and hold << or >> to search backward or forward.
To charge the iPod/iPhone: You may charge the battery of your iPad/iPhone/iPhone through the universal dock for iPad/iPhone/iPod while the unit is turned off (standby mode) or in the AUX, Radio or iPod mode. Charging control should be operated on the iPad/iPhone/iPod.
To select auxiliary mode:
- Connect your auxiliary source (e.g. mp3 player) to the AUX input jack at the back of the unit with an audio cable (not supplied).
- Press SOURCE to select AUX mode. The word “AUX” will light.
- Adjust the auxiliary player to midrange volume and adjust the master volume on the unit. Do not turn the volume of the auxiliary player too high as this may affect the sound quality. For other playback operations, control them on your auxiliary player.
Press DIMMER repeatedly to adjust the brightness level or turn off the back light.
When the unit is reconnected to the AC power,the display backlight will be readjusted. You can press DIMMER to adjust the brightness level again.