Navigation Quick Start: The following procedure provides a quick overview of the Navigation mode.
NOTE: Before operating your NavMate software, please carefully read and follow the instructions provided in the Navigation Owner’s Manual. Make sure that you are familiar with the system’s features and know how to operate the system.
- Access the navigation function: You can access the navigation function by pressing the front panel NAV/DEST button or by pressing the front panel MENU button.
- Start up/Main Menu: After the NavMate software starts, you will see the reminder warning to use your NavMate software safely and lawfully.
- Press the Main Menu icon to access the navigation main menu screen.
- Select a Destination: You have many ways to select a destination. For this example, let’s find a nearby Airport. Select by touching screen:
- Main Menu icon to activate main menu.
- Start Route Guidance
- Point of Interest
- State/Province NOTE: The software remembers the last State/Province, so this step is not necessary every time.
- >By Category
- Sort by Distance
- Select one of these functions and the system will calculate a route to that destination using the criteria set in the Setup menu.
- Map/Guide Along Route: Proceed to the highlighted route and drive while the NavMate software provides audible and visual guidance to your destination.
- Arrive at Destination: That’s it! You've arrived at the selected destination. Refer to the Navigation Owner’s Manual to become more familiar with the many options available on your NavMate software.