Troubleshooting the RCA RP5502i Clock Radio
|Why won't the RP5502i charge my iPod?
This unit is only compatible with the following iPod's:
- iPod with video (30GB, 60GB, 80GB) 5th generation
- iPod photo (20GB U2 Special Edition, 30GB U2 Special Edition, 40GB, 60GB) 4th generation
- iPod (20GB, 20GB U2 Special Edition, 40GB) 4th generation
- iPod nano (2GB, 4GB) 1st generation iPod mini (4GB, 6GB) 1st & 2nd generations
For the latest iPod models, please use the adapter provided with your iPod.
|How do I use the Auto Clock Set feature on the RP5502i?
- Set time zone: Slide the time zone selector at the bottom of the unit to Eastern, Central, Mountain or Pacific time zone.
- Set Daylight saving time: Press and hold the Daylight Saving Time button at the bottom of the unit to turn on/off in areas observing/not observing such time change.
- Plug the clock in for power and the current time will be shown automatically.
However, the batteries can also be exhausted and we recommend that you replace the batteries every 2-3 years.
If the batteries deplete or the time falls behind, you will need to set the time manually:
- Press SET on the top of the unit until the clock setting icon flashes on the display.
- Rotate the knob on the top of the unit to set the clock time.
- To save and exit the clock setting, wait for about 5 seconds or press SET until the clock setting, WAKE 1 or WAKE 2 icon is off. The clock time is now set.
|Can I charge a USB flash player through the RP5502i?
- Yes, you may charge the battery of your USB flash player through the USB jack (5V 500mA) while the unit is in the USB mode. Charging control should be operated on the USB flash player.
|Why won't the RP5502i recognize my USB flash player?
- The unit supports Microsoft FAT12, 16 & 32 and ISO9660 file systems only. Other file systems from Linux, MAC or NTFS are not supported.
- Only mpeg 1/2 layer 3 format is supported for mp3 files.
- Digital Right Management (DRM) type music files will not be played.
- Only the first 999 mp3 files can be read.
- The unit reads all files in folders and displays them as tracks only.
- Only USB flash player is supported. Other USB devices such as MTP USB flash player, USB hub or USB card reader are not supported.
For more information, please refer to your Owner's Manual.