Operating the RCA RCR3273 or RCR3273Z Universal Remote Control
Using the Remote to Control Your Components
Because this remote controls more than one component, you must first “tell” the remote which component you wish to operate. That means, if you wish to operate your TV, you must first press the TV key to put the remote in the TV Mode. The remote stays in the chosen component mode (such as TV Mode) until you change it. If your remote is in TV Mode, you must change the mode in order to operate your DVD or VCR, satellite receiver or cable box. For example, if you are in VCR Mode, and you wish to turn off your TV, you must press the TV key first before pressing the POWER key.
Accessing Component Menus and Guides
Today’s advanced components use on-screen menus to help you navigate through all their features and functions. While this remote may not access every menu or guide system of every component model, it does offer some menu and guide functionality.
To use a component’s on-screen menu or guide system, you first have to put the remote in Menu or Guide Mode.
- Make sure your components are turned on and your TV is set to the component’s input (Use the INPUT key to toggle through inputs when in TV Mode.)
- Press the component key whose menu you want to access.
- To access menus, press the MENU key. To access guides, press the GUIDE key. The LED blinks, indicating you are in the Menu or Guide Mode.
- Use the VOL+/- and/or CH+/- keys to navigate through the on-screen menu or guide system.
- To make a selection from the onscreen menu, press the OK key to select the highlighted item.
Tip: If the remote doesn't respond, check to see that the LED is still blinking. The LED times out after 20 seconds. If this happens, just press the MENU key again, and then retry your selection.
Exiting a Menu Mode
The remote automatically times out of Menu Mode after 20 seconds of inactivity (no keys being pressed). At that time, the remote clears the displayed menu from the TV.
If you want to exit the Menu Mode yourself, press the corresponding component key on the remote. The LED turns off.
- If you cannot locate your owners manual you can view the codes online and download a manual below however if the code is not listed for your specific component we will NOT be able to provide additional codes
- If your remote is over four years old, it might not be able to operate some newer components, or it may be able to operate some functions but not others.
ADDITIONAL RCA REMOTE CONTROL REFERENCES
The rcaaudiovideo.com site provides step by step videos, an online code finder as well as additional PDFs of Owner-User manuals and code lists. Please see the information below for the latest information.
RCA Online Code Finder
To access the RCA Online Remote Control Code Finder to search for a component code that is compatible with your RCA remote, Click Here.
If you don't see your RCA remote listed by MODEL NUMBER, please send us Feedback saying Code Not Found (just click on How well did this answer your question? below to add feedback) and we will get the codes posted as soon as possible.
User Manual Search
If you don't see your remote control model listed on this support site please send us Feedback saying Manual Not Found (just click on How well did this answer your question? below to add feedback) and we will get the manual posted as soon as possible.
To access the RCA Site for user manuals not found in the support FAQ's Click Here and enter your remote control by MODEL NUMBER and check Manual in the search box at the top left of the page.