Store a Location
- While the unit is in Ready mode, press lock button (e2). The LCD message Select location appears.
- Press location # (e5) to store your current position; then the message Location # locked appears. Proceed to your destination.
Note: After 1 minute, the unit goes to Sleep, but your stored location will not be lost and will remain in memory until it is replaced with a new locked position. (See “Sleep Versus Off” below)
Return to a Location
- To wake the unit from Sleep, press Return (e3) for 1 second or until the LCD backlight comes on. The LCD message Ready appears.
- To navigate to:
• Last-locked position: simply press return button (e3).
• Another stored position: press return button (e3) and location # (e5).
- Follow the directional arrow (d4) on the LCD toward the active location (d7). Other information displayed on the LCD includes compass direction (d5) and distance (d6).
Note: The unit remains on and active as long as it is acquiring GPS data to update the direction and distance information and you are moving more than 30 ft or 9 m every 5 minutes. If not, the LCD message No Movement appears and the unit goes to Sleep. Repeat step 1 to wake the unit up. When in Ready mode, press return button (e3) and the unit will resume the last selected course location.
- If you travel off-course (that is, more than 22.5°, are headed in the opposite direction, or the distance (d6) is increasing), the red LED indicator (e1) flashes.
- In the vicinity of 80 ft or 24 m from the active location (d7), the proximity ring (d3) blinks alternating large and small rings.
- In the vicinity of 20 ft or 6 m, the LCD reads Found, and the proximity ring (d3) blinks large and small rings simultaneously.
- After arriving, you can either select another location or simply do nothing. The unit automatically goes to Sleep after 2 minutes in the Found mode (see “Sleep Versus Off” below)
Sleep Versus Off
- You can manually put the unit to Sleep or turn the device Off by using return (e3).
- To put the unit to Sleep: press and hold return (e3) until the LCD message Sleep appears.
- To turn the unit Off (only during the Searching mode or at start-up): press and hold return (e3), and the message Off appears on the LCD.
- In both the Sleep mode and the Off state, the LCD backlight and LED's are dark. The main difference is that in Sleep mode, the unit attempts to refresh GPS positioning data dynamically within a period of 5 hours. The other difference is the LCD message that appears as the unit shuts down: either Sleep or Off.
- After 5 hours in Sleep mode, the unit times out to the Off state.
The unit will automatically go to Sleep if:
- You do nothing for 1 minute while one of these messages appears on the LCD: Ready, Select location, Location 1, 2, or 3 selected.
- You do nothing after Found is displayed on the LCD for about 2 minutes.
- Searching displays on the LCD for about 2 minutes; then the message No GPS appears on the LCD, and the red LED indicator (e1) is steady.
- Traveling more than 2 minutes off-course (more than 22.5°, headed in the opposite direction, or distance (d6) is increasing) and the red LED indicator (e1) is blinking.
- No GPS data is received for about 5 minutes, the LCD message No GPS appears and the red LED indicator (e1) is steady.
- No change in GPS data for about 5 minutes, the LCD message No Movement appears, and the red LED indicator (e1) is steady.
STILL NEED HELP?- We use an automated support system so we can serve our customers in a first in - first out manner and prevent long hold times on the telephone systems
- Feel free to search the knowledge base by entering your model number or keyword in the search box on the Support Home Page or on the Answer Page , then push the red search button to find additional answers available as this answer may be only one of the many available answers in our system for your product.
NOTE: Search for a MODEL NUMBER, searching for words like purchase or, warranty will get you far to many results and make finding the answer you are looking much more difficult
REACHING CUSTOMER CARE
If searching the answers in our Knowledgebase did not answer your question and you need additional information, support, warranty service or want to inquire about out of warranty repair please follow one of the steps below to use the automated support system
1. New to the Support Site :
Click here to go to the Support Account Creation Page so you can submit a support request and we can respond.
2 . Returning Customer:
Click Here to Go to the Ask A Question Page so you can submit a support request and we can respond. Note: You may have to login if you haven't already.