Typically, when a new version of firmware is available, the RCA easyRip software will inform you when you connect your device to the PC.
To manually update the firmware on your RCA M4102, MC4102 MP3 Player, you will need to:
- Connect your device prior to installation.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Update/Restore Utility link.
- Select "Save" and select the appropriate folder to save the installer.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the instructions to complete installation.
If your PC does not recognize your player, please try the following steps:
- Make sure your computer's operating system is up to date with the latest Service Packs and patches.
- Plug the player into a different USB port. Avoid the use of USB hubs if possible. Avoid Laptop docking cradles if possible.
- Reboot the PC.
- Connect the player to the PC while holding the play/pause button.
These steps should allow the player to be read by the USB port correctly and will show the player in "My Computer" as a new drive letter.