Basic Operation of the Audiovox HR7012 or HR7012S Headrest System
Front Panel Controls
- DVD disc insertion slot
- IR Transmitter and IR Sensor: IR Transmitter: is used to broadcast audio signal to the wireless IR headphones. IR Sensor: is used to receive signals from the remote control.
- Play Button (HR7012M): This button is used to begin playback of the disc or USB media inserted.
- Eject Button: This button is used to eject the disc.
- SOURCE Button (HR7012M): This button is used to select the DVD/ USB, M1/M2, AV/AUX, MEDIA or GAME (optional).
- Stop Button: This button is used to stop the playback of the disc or USB media in use.
- POWER Button: This button is used to turn the HR7012M/ HR7012S ON and OFF. (press and hold for 5 seconds to turn OFF)
- AUX Jacks (RCA Type): The Jacks are intended for temporary connection of an additional AV source such as a video game device, or other audio/video devices. To play the external device, connect to the AUX Jacks, press the SOURCE button on the front panel of the HR7012M or on the remote control until “AUX” appears on the screen and press PLAY on the connected source.
- USB Port: This port is used to connect a USB device for playback of content. To view content, select “DVD” as the video source and insert the USB device. The USB device will start automatically and take priority over the DVD. To play DVD’s, disconnect the USB device from the port.
- Protective Cover: Used to protect and cover the Headset/ Earbud jack, AV Input jacks and USB port when not in use.
- 1/8”Wired Headset/Earbud Output Jacks: These jacks are used to connect two standard wired headphones/earbuds.
- MENU/SELECT Button: This button is used to display and select options on the main Setup Menu when a disc or USB media is not inserted. When a disc or USB media is inserted, this button is used to display and select available Disc/Media option.
- VOLUME Direction Buttons: These buttons are used to raise and lower the volume..
- NEXT / RIGHT Button (HR7012M): This button is used to skip to the next chapter or track during playback of a disc.
- PREVIOUS / LEFT Button (HR7012M): This button is used to skip to the previous chapter or track during playback of a disc.
- 7-inch TFT LCD Display Screen (800 x 480).
- PIX Button (HR7012S): This button is used to control levels of Brightness, Contrast, Color, Tint and to Reset all picture adjustment levels to original factory settings
- SOURCE Button (HR7012S): This button is used to select the M1/ M2, AV/AUX, MEDIA or GAME (optional).
- Left /Right Buttons (HR7012S): These buttons are used to navigate menu selections on the screen.
Remote Control Operation
- (M1) Monitor Select: Press this button to select and control HR7012M (M1) Monitor.
- POWER: Press this button to turn the system ON. Press the button again to turn the system OFF.
- TV (not applicable) Note: If this button is pressed the remote control will not control DVD functions until the DVD button is pressed again.
- SOURCE: Press this button to change the AV source between DVD/USB and a connected AUX source.
- PIX: This button is used to make picture adjustments. Each time the button is pressed, the adjustment OSD cycles through bars for BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, COLOR, TINT, and RESET. Once the desired adjustment bar is displayed, use the UP/DOWN button to adjust the setting. The bar display will automatically disappear if no adjustments are made within 6 seconds or if any button is pressed.
- DVD Source: This button is used to switch connected sources (DVD and USB). This button is only active when remote control is in the DVD mode and a USB device is connected.
- SYSTEM MENU: This button is used to make system setup adjustments. Each time the button is pressed, the adjustment OSD cycles through bars for VOLUME CONTROL, PICTURE CONTROL, FM MODULATOR, OSD LANGUAGE, IRT ON/OFF, and DEFAULT DVD ON/OFF (MI) or DEFAULT AV AUTO ON/OFF (M2).
- ENTER: Press this button to make an OSD selection or begins playback of the DVD/USB.
- UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT Arrows: Press these buttons to navigate the menu selection on the screen.
- DISPLAY: Press this button to display current disc information while the disc is playing. Press UP/DOWN arrow buttons to select the Title or Chapter. For Title/Chapter selection, use the numeric buttons to enter the desired Title/Chapter selection.
- PLAY Button: Press this button to initiate play mode when a disc is loaded in the disc compartment.
- SCAN BACKWARD Button: Press this button to search in the backward direction. Press repeatedly to change the search speed from 2, 4, 8, and 16 times the normal speed.
- PAUSE Button: Press this button to pause the playback of a disc. Pressing pause again or pressing the Play button will resume normal playback.
- PREV Button: When a disc has more than one Chapter, Track, or File, you can move to another Chapter/Track/File. Press this button briefly during play to step back to the previous Chapter for DVD-video or Track/File for VCD, SVCD, MP3, CD, etc.
- FMM ON/OFF: This button is used to turn the wireless FM Modulator ON and OFF. FMM ON/OFF This button is used to turn the wireless FM Modulator ON and OFF.
- IRT ON/OFF: This button is used to turn the Infrared Transmitter ON and OFF for Wireless IR Headphones. Pressing M1 then the IRT ON/OFF button will control the IR Transmitter for M1. Pressing M2 then the IRT ON/OFF button will control the IR Transmitter for M2.
- N umbers: Decimal number: 0 to 9; and +100: Add 100. Used for selecting tracks on a disc.
- STOP: Press this button to stop playback of disc.
- NEXT Button: When a disc has more than one Chapter, Track, or File, you can move to another Chapter/Track/File. Press the button briefly during play to select the next Chapter for DVD-video or Track/File for VCD, SVCD, MP3, CD, etc.
- AUDIO: Press this button to display and select the available AUDIO languages in DVD mode. Each time you press the button, the language changes. Note: The audio languages vary from disc to disc.
- SCAN FORWARD Button: Press this button to search in the forward direction. Press repeatedly to change the search speed from 2, 4, 8, and 16 times the normal speed.
- SUBTITLE: Press this button. If the current disc has different subtitle options, this now appears on the screen. Press this button repeatedly until you have reached your desired subtitle option. NOTE: The Subtitle selections vary from disc to disc.
- SETUP (Unit must be set DVD source): Press this button to navigate the Setup Menu. Please refer to the following pages to configure the system: General Setup Page, Audio Setup Page, Preference Page, and Password Setup Page.
- REPEAT: Press this button to switch the repeat mode by CHAPTER, TITLE, ALL and cancel while playing DVD-video. Other disc types such as VCD, CD, and SVCD that only have two repeat modes that can be selected: TRACK and ALL Note: Both repeat functions of VCD and SVCD need the PBC status set to ON when available.
- ZOOM: Press this button to enlarge the picture in the movie by 2x, 3x, and 4x, or shrink the picture in the movie by 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4.
- DISC MENU: Press this button to access the menu of the DVD in play.
- VOLUME DOWN (-) or UP (+): Press this button to increase or decrease the volume for the wired headphones or select the level of the picture adjustments when the unit is in picture adjustment mode.
- MUTE: Press this button to mute the sound transmitted to the headphones. “MUTE” will be displayed on the screen. Pressing the button again restores sound to the previously set level.
- DVD Mode Select: Press this button to control DVD functions.
- EJECT: Press this button to eject the disc from the disc slot. (HR7012M only)
- (M2) Monitor Select: Press this button to select and control HR7012 (M2) Monitor.
Game Controller Operation
- Use the START button to enter the games list (1-54). Then use the direction buttons to move the arrow to the desired game. Press START to select the game. Use select button to exit the game list.
- A Key: “A Function Key” activates the jump and optional weapons.
- B Key: “B Function Key” activates Bullet fire and attack.
- TA Key: TURBO “A” Function Key.
- TB Key: TURBO “B” Function Key.
- S Key: No function.
- Press START to begin the game. Press START again at any time to pause the game.
Two Player Games: The game source can be selected from either monitor. The optional game package (HR7012GP) allows either or both users to play video games.
- Player 1 is on a first come, first served basis.
- If the M2 user selects the game first they are automatically Player 1 and if the M1 user wants to play against the M2 user they become Player 2.
- If the M1 user selects the game first they are automatically Player 1 and if the M2 user wants to play against the M1 user they become Player 2.
Loading and Playing Discs
Before loading a disc, make sure that it is compatible with the player.
- Press the POWER button to turn the system ON.
- Load the disc (label facing the user) into the disc slot. The disc will load automatically and begin to play.
Audio / Video Inputs and Outputs
Audio Output: The Audio output will provide the Audio signal from the M1 unit. This output can be heard on the Built-In Wireless Modulator.
- Press the DISPLAY button on the remote control to display the status banner. The banner include Title, Chapter, Angle, Audio, Subtitle, Audio, Subtitle, Title selection & Chapter selection.
- Title Selection: Press the Number (0~9) buttons to initiate a change of title selection, then press ENTER to implement the selection.
- Chapter selection: Press the Number (0~9) buttons to initiate a change of chapter selection, then press ENTER to implement the selection. As you toggle through the options, the repeat option changes at that time. The track, for example, repeats once that track has ended. The selected repeat option loops repeatedly until you turn it off.
- The System will detect the insertion of the USB media automatically if no disc is loaded. The system only auto detects the first media inserted (USB drive); the second media source can be manually selected by pressing the DVD Source button on the remote control.
- When a disc is inserted, the system will switch to DVD mode immediately regardless if USB media is currently playing.
- The DVD source (DVD or USB) can only be changed while the DVD is not playing.
- This system cannot support more than 2 memory partitions on the USB thumb drive. Note: The system will always default to the DVD when the system detects a disc in the DVD player.
Playing MP3 Disc’s: CD-R discs that have been encoded in MP3 format can be played on your DVD player. The DVD player plays the songs in the order they were burned on to the disc. When playback is started the elapsed time of the track that is playing will be displayed.
Selecting Folders and Songs: When a device containing MP3 files is loaded in the player, the navigation menu appears automatically.
- Use the UP/DOWN direction buttons to move the highlight to the desired folder (if present) on the left side of the menu and press ENTER. The songs in the folder will be displayed on screen.
- Use the UP/DOWN direction buttons to highlight the desired track containing the song and Press ENTER to begin track playback.
Skipping Songs: Use the Next button on the remote control to move to the next song. Use the Previous button to move to the previous song.
Selecting a Play Mode:
- Filter (For MP3 & JPEG only): Filter Mode enables or disables the display of files contained on the media based on their file extension. The filter function applies to the following formats:
- Audio - Audio data format (MP3, WMA)
- Photo - Photo data format (JPEG)
- Video - Video data format (MPEG)
- Flat Mode: play the entire disc: This mode is always on (default). During the Flat Mode, all the data folder with MP3, JPEG & Movies will be played in sequence. If the Flat Mode function is off, it will only play the selected folder; other folders are disabled.
- Repeat: Repeat function has 4 options : Off, Single, Folder and All. Move cursor to Repeat Function and press Enter, each time Enter is pressed the unit will cycle through the available options (Off/Single/Folder and All are displayed in that order). Repeat default is Off.
- Off: Turn off repeat function
- Single: Repeat the song being played until STOP is pressed
- Folder: Play all songs in a folder repetitively
- All: Play all songs on the disc repetitively
Play Mode: The Mode function has 4 options: Normal, Shuffle, Random and Music Intro. Move cursor to the Mode function area and press Enter repeatedly till the desired mode is displayed. Normal/Shuffle/Random/Music Intro are displayed in that order. The Mode function default is Normal.
- Normal: Play all songs in folder once.
- Shuffle: Play songs in a folder in a shuffle order. Each song in the folder is played only once.
- Random: Play songs in a folder in a random order. Each song in a folder will only be played once.
- Music Intro: Play each song in order in the folder for 10 seconds The purpose of the “Music Intro” function is to provide the user with a sample of each song for 10 seconds, thereby making it easy to select and listen to a favorite song.
Add to Program: To add the selected songs into Browser view, make sure disc playback is off. Move cursor to “Edit Mode” function and press ENTER. After “Edit Mode” is selected, move cursor to songs list and select the songs which will be compiled and press ENTER. A check mark appears to the left of the selected song; to add the selected songs to the program, move cursor to the “Add to Program” function and press ENTER. The selected songs is added into a new program list and the check mark will disappear on play list, move cursor to “Program View” function and press ENTER to browse the songs in the program. Press Play button to play the selected songs. Note: Edit Mode, Program View or Add to Program functions are relationship related when selecting the preferred song add to the songs list.
Clear Program: To clear the selected song files, press the STOP button twice during playback mode. Move the cursor to the “Edit Mode” function and press ENTER. After “Edit Mode” is selected, move cursor to selected songs list and select the songs you want to delete. Press ENTER and a check mark will appear to the left of the selected song. Move the cursor to clear program and press ENTER, the selected songs will be deleted from the play list.