GPS: Touch the GPS Icon or press button the Navigation Key to Start or Enter the Navigation mode. Follow the instructions in the Navigation Manual for use of the iGo Primo Nav software.
NOTE: An open clear area is needed for Navigation to operate, the vehicle cannot be in a garage, parking structure, or the view of the sky blocked for proper operation.
Navigation software updates & procedures are listed at the following website: www.naviextras.com. Support, updates, extras, and add-on’s can be obtained at this web site. All Advent navigation devices come with a “latest map guarantee”; this means that when you purchase your navigation mirror you will have the latest available data. Follow the instructions at www.naviextras.com; you will have access to any updates available within 90 days of the starting use of your mirror. Thereafter updates are available for purchase when available by NavNGo Navigation. All mapping support is directly supported only by NavNGo at this website. Please refer to the navigation manual for more details.
BT - Bluetooth
Your NM100 is equipped with a Bluetooth-enabled hands free function to enable you to make and receive cellular phone calls in safety while driving. The process of creating a secure connection between your cellular phone and the mirror unit is called pairing.
Note: your cellular phone MUST have Bluetooth capability and have its Bluetooth function turned on in order to make a connection with the mirror unit. If you are not sure, please consult the manual that came with your phone.
Pairing is only required one time unless you delete the connection information from your Phone or Pair another device over the current device. You can Pair up to 5 Phones in the memory of the NM100, but you can only use one at a time. The Most recently paired phone will take priority.
Pairing Your Phone with the Mirror Unit:
- Please make sure that your phone is in “Discoverable Mode”. Then you're ready to begin the pairing process.
- Press the Bluetooth Button (located on the bottom of a mirror) to enter the Main Bluetooth Control screen. Next press the ‘Settings’ icon. Then Press the ‘Search Device’ icon on the Bluetooth settings menu.
- After the ‘Search Device” process completes, you will then see a list of devices those are ready to be connected. Choose the one you would like to connect by touching it on the screen, and then touch the ‘LINK’ icon on the right side of the screen next to the phone you have chosen.
- Occasionally the screen may show ‘Connection Failed’, because the Bluetooth module may try to connect to the previously connected device (Auto-Reconnect Feature) or due to other devices or interference in the area. Touch the ‘LINK’ icon again and the new device will be connected. If your Phone did not show up in the list insure that it is in discovery mode and press the refresh button.
- If searching from your phone Select ‘Advent NM100’ on your phone, and it will ask you to enter the pairing code used by the mirror unit. (The default code is 1234) Once the code is entered, your phone should indicate the pairing process is successful.
- Depending on the model of your phone, it may offer you the option of connecting to the mirror unit whenever the mirror unit is on and in range (approximately 10 feet, up to 30 feet distance) of your phone. If you do not select this feature, you will need to manually connect your phone to the mirror unit, either by using your phone’s menu to select and connect, or by using the ‘Paired Devices’ selection in the mirror unit’s Bluetooth menu. Note: If your phone does not locate the mirror unit, repeat the pairing procedure, ensuring you complete the process within the 60 seconds period. If the pairing code is incorrect, verify the code hasn't been changed on the mirror (see ‘Properties’ in the Settings menu for changing the “Pairing PIN Code.”)
- If pairing won't work please refer to your phones owner’s manual or call your cell service providers technical support number.
Making Calls Using Bluetooth:
You can initiate calls four ways:
- Use your handset to initiate a call. Your phone will automatically use the microphone and playback capability of the mirror unit.
- Use the Key Pad on the mirror unit to initiate a call. Press the Bluetooth hard key button. From the Bluetooth menu, press the ‘Keypad’ icon. You can then either use the Keypad to directly dial a number. Press the ‘Phone’ icon to start your call.
- Use the Call Log on the mirror unit to initiate a call. From the Bluetooth menu, press the ‘Dial Pad’ icon, then press the ‘Call Log’ icon to view a list of previously called, received and missed numbers. Select the number you want and press the ‘Phone’ icon to initiate a call.
- Use the Redial feature on the mirror unit to initiate a call. From the Bluetooth menu, press the ‘Keypad’ icon. Simply press the ‘Phone’ icon to immediately redial the last number called.
Receiving and Ending Calls: When you receive a call on a phone that is connected to the mirror unit via Bluetooth, you also will see a pop-up graphic on the screen, accompanied by the number of the calling party (if Caller ID is enabled).
Viewing or Changing the Pairing Code:
- Press ‘Setting’ from the Bluetooth menu. Then press ‘Properties”. In the ‘PIN Code’ field is the current pairing code.
- To change it, press the ‘PIN Code’ field then a keypad will show. Enter a new code.
- Press the ENTER key to complete your change.
To Connect to Other Phones:
- To see which phones are paired with your mirror unit, see the connected phone’s ‘NAME’ appearing on the top of Bluetooth Main Menu.
- Press ‘DisConn’ to disconnect from the currently connected phone. Now go through the ‘Pairing’ process from the start.
Note:The Bluetooth device can only connect to one phone at a time.
Touch icon at the main menu to enter setting interface.
Volume: Touch “” to enter the volume setting interface. You can select to set the volume. “Tap Sound” Selected will activate a tone each time you touch the screen. If not selected there won't be a confirmation tone.
Backlight: Touch “” to enter the backlight setting interface. You can select to set the backlight. Click to adjust lightness.
Language: Touch “” to enter the language setting interface.
Choose the language you want, and then touch to save the language setting.
System: Touch “” to enter the system information interface.
GPS test will identify how many satellites are being received. Note the antenna is located in the mirror housing. Do not place any object over the mirror housing or on the windshield above the mirror or this will block the signal.
This will reset the mirror to all factory settings. This will delete all data, phone numbers, and settings from the mirror. Use only when a full reset is required.
Standby and screen timeout: In order not to influence the driver's rear-view judgment during traveling, you can switch to screen standby and timeout mode by manual.
- If you don't operate the device after some time, it will automatically switch to the standby mode. And if you touch the screen, it will switch to the system interface.
- During navigation with map displayed on the screen, if you press the navigation button , it will turn to the safety navigation mode and the screen will only show the diversion and distance information. Press the navigation button again and it will display the map with road information on the screen.
- Press the home button and it will go to the main menu interface. Press the home button again and the screen will shut off. You can just use it like a normal rear-view mirror at this time. If you want to use the navigation again, just press the home button to wake up the screen.
Reverse camera: If you have a reverse camera connected to the mirror:
- When you switch to reverse gear, the screen will show the rear camera.
- When you switch to Park, neutral, or forward gear, the camera will shut off and the mirror will return to normal operation.
Maintaining Your NM100
- Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away dirt.
- If the dirt cannot be wiped away, dampen the cloth with water to clean the unit. NOTE: Do not wash the unit with running water as this unit is not water proof.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe away residual moisture when done. NOTE: Do not use solvent, car cleaner or organic cleaners to clean the unit. These substances may damage the GPS unit.
Cleaning the LCD Display:
- Turn off the system while cleaning the display to prevent static electricity.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away dirt.
- The display surface is easily scratched. Use only soft cloths designed for screens to clean the glass.