- Set the voltage selector switch to the proper setting for your device. Refer to the device’s user manual for the correct voltage requirement, or determine the voltage by multiplying the number of batteries required by 1.5—for example, 4 batteries x 1.5 = 6 volts. Note: Voltage setting may also be found next to the DC jack or on device information plate.
- Select the adapter plug tip that best fits the device.
- Before inserting the plug tip into the car power adapter receptacle, you must first determine the correct polarity of your device.
- If your device has positive polarity, align the word “Tip” on the car power adapter receptacle with the (+) symbol on the adapter plug tip.
- Connect adapter plug tip into DC jack of your device.
- Plug the car power adapter into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter and operate device as usual.
- If your device does not work, IMMEDIATELY unplug the car power adapter and recheck the instructions carefully, particularly the voltage and polarity settings.