Installation and Connection of the Audiovox VE920 Under-Cabinet Television
- Choose an appropriate mounting location underneath a cabinet or shelf. Close proximity to an electrical outlet, TV antenna or cable connection and telephone jack will facilitate a neat, easy installation. Do not mount the VE920 above a range or oven. Be sure that the location chosen will provide adequate access to the electrical connections on the rear of the unit before continuing.
- If the location chosen has a bottom edge molding it may be necessary to use the mounting spacers provided to effectively lower the VE920 below or even with the molding. Measure the distance between the edge molding and the bottom of the cabinet. The spacers and mounting holes are stepped to achieve different mounting heights from .5” to 1”. Adjusting the mounting height is done by lifting and rotating the spacer in the mounting hole. Choose a spacer height, which will allow the VE920 to clear the edge molding.
- Measure the thickness of the bottom of the cabinet or shelf and the spacer height chosen. Select the shortest screw length, which will secure the VE920 to the bottom of the cabinet.
- Cut out the template supplied and tape it in place onto the cabinet surface to be drilled. Center punch the four holes indicated on the template and remove the template.
- Carefully drill four 1/8″ holes at the locations marked above.
- Connect your TV antenna or cable system to the antenna connector on the rear of the VE920.
- Attach the FM Dipole Antenna and position the antenna for the best reception.
- Attach the AM Antenna and position the antenna for the best reception.
- Position the VE920 and mount it in place using the selected screws. NOTE: Do not over-tighten.
- Plug the AC power cable into the wall outlet. Route the wires safely away from heat and moisture sources.
NOTE: Use caution to avoid damaging the LCD screen and the main unit when converting this unit from an under-counter unit to a countertop unit. Leave the protective plastic on the screen until this procedure is completed.
- Place the unit (with the screen facing up) on a soft padded surface.
- Pivot the screen so that it is perpendicular to the front of the unit and then turn it sideways.
- Remove the hinge guide covers (#1) using a flat blade screwdriver inserted into the removal slots. Unscrew the mounting screws (#2). Remove the connector from the unit (#3), be careful not to damage the screen (#5) or wires.
- Turn the unit over and remove the blank cover (#4)
- Connect the plug of the LCD monitor into the connector (#3). NOTE: Align the “L” and “R” stamped on the screen-mounting bracket with the “L” and “R” molded into the connector housing.
- Replace the screws and slide the hinge guide covers onto the unit, be careful to not damage the wires. NOTE: Do not over-tighten.
- Insert the rubber pieces (#6) (Foot, Mounting Cap - please refer to the illustration above) into the unit. Install the blank cover on the unused port.
Thank you for your inquiry - Audiovox values our customers and though this product is no longer in production nor does it qualifiy for warranty or repair due to the age of the product, limited support information may be available through our FAQ Database and/or Customer Service.
Before you proceed check this and other answers related to your product by searching with the Model Number of your product from the Search Box above.
NOTE: Technical support, parts, user manuals (not shown on this FAQ), accessories, or repairs are either limited or NOT available for discontinued models.