Troubleshooting the RCA WHP151 Wireless Headphones
|Why can't I hear any sound from the WHP151 headphones?
- Check that your audio source, recharging cradle/transmitter and headphones are connected, supplied properly and turned on.
- Check to ensure that the rechargeable batteries are installed in the headset correctly and have been recharged properly.
- Check to ensure the recharging cradle/transmitter is running and the Audio signal LED indicator light on the unit is lit.
- Check that the audio source is delivering a sufficient signal to the recharging cradle/transmitter’s left and right AUDIO inputs. Use the VOLUME control to increase the sound level.
- Press Auto Scan on the left headphone once to ensure it is tuned to the transmitter.
|Why is sound quality poor or why is there interference with the WHP151 headphones?
- Check to ensure that the sound provided by the audio source is loud enough and of sufficient quality. Make sure the stereo LED indicator light is lit.
- Check if the batteries in the headphones have sufficient power. Recharge or replace them, if necessary.
- Check to see if you have selected the best transmission channel (1, 2, or 3) to provide the optimum signal reception. If necessary, try another channel, using the CHANNEL switch. Remember to press the AUTO SCAN button to fine-tune the reception.
- Check if the distance between the headphones and the recharging cradle/transmitter is within the operating range. (The effective range of this device is approximately 150ft/45m.) Move closer to the recharging cradle/transmitter to receive the sound.
- Check that the audio source provides stereo sound.
|Why did the power on the WHP151 headphones cut off?
||The recharging cradle/transmitter has an automatic power off function. When no signal is received through the recharging cradle/ transmitter’s left and right AUDIO inputs, it switches off. Switch on your audio source again, and use the CHANNEL switch and AUTO SCAN button to adjust reception. If necessary, increase the audio source’s volume.