Menus and Setup of the Jensen NAV104 Navigation Unit
When using the navigation software for the first time, an initial setup process starts automatically. Do as follows:
- Select the written language of the application interface. Later you can change it in Regional settings.
- Read the End User License Agreement. Tap ACCEPT to continue.
- The Configuration Wizard starts. Tap NEXT to continue.
- Select the language and speaker used for voice guidance messages. Later you can change it in Sound and Warnings settings.
- If needed, modify the time format and unit settings. Later you can change them in Regional settings.
- If needed, modify the default route planning options. Later you can change them in Route settings.
- The initial setup is now complete. The Configuration Wizard can be restarted later from the Settings menu.
Acquiring a Satellite Signal
The initial GPS location lock is best established when your vehicle is parked. If the device is in motion, the signal can take longer to initially connect. Once the initial coordinates are established, the software will follow you as you move and navigate.
- Drive your vehicle to an open area where the GPS signal can be clearly received and park the vehicle. If the device is in motion, the signal can take longer to initially connect. If you cannot acquire the signal, drive to another location. If the signal is still unobtainable, check your antenna installation.
- Once a GPS signal has been established, verify that the information display clock time (time displayed on the radio) matches the navigation system clock. With an established GPS signal, the software will follow you as you move and navigate.
The GPS reception quality icon shows the current accuracy of the position information.
You can reach all parts of iGO primo from the Navigation Menu. You have the following options:
- Tap FIND to select your destination by entering an address or selecting a place of interest, a location on the map or one of your Favorite destinations. You can also look up your recent destinations from the Smart History, enter a coordinate or use the location saved in a photo.
- Tap MY ROUTE to display the route parameters and the route in its full length on the map. You can also perform route-related actions such as editing or canceling your route, setting a start point for the route, picking route alternatives, avoiding parts of the route, simulating navigation or adding the destination to your Favorites.
- Tap MORE... to customize the way the navigation software works, simulate demo routes, or to run some additional applications.
- Tap SHOW MAP to start navigating on the map. The button itself is a miniature live map that shows your current position, the recommended route and the surrounding map area. Tap the button to enlarge the map to the full screen.
The Quick menu is a selection of controls and functions that are frequently needed during navigation. It can be opened directly from the Map screen by tapping MENU. The menu will close after a few seconds of inactivity or if you tap >. The menu will also close if you initiate simple controls like muting the device. In other cases tapping a button will open a new screen with options. Most of these functions are shortcuts. They are accessible from the menu system.
There are more functions available than the number of buttons in the menu. In Settings, you can choose the function of each button.
The ‘More’ menu provides you with various options and additional applications. Tap the following buttons: MENU, MORE.
You can configure the program settings, and modify the behavior of iGo primo. Tap the following buttons: MENU, MORE..., SETTINGS. The Settings menu has several options. Tap DOWN or scroll with your finger to see the full list.
- Sound and Warnings: Adjust the sound volume, mute your device or change the voice guidance language. In addition, you can enable and set up different warnings and alerts.
- Customize Quick Menu: The content of the Quick menu is fully customizable. Tap the button you want to change, and select its new function from the list.
- Traffic Settings: The recommended route is not always the same between two points. Whenever suitable data exists, offline statistical traffic information (historical speed information or traffic patterns) can be taken into account in the route calculation based on the time of day and the day of week.
- Route Settings: These settings determine how routes will be calculated. To let the route fit your needs, you can also set which road types are to be considered for or to be excluded from the route if possible. Excluding a road type is a preference. It does not necessarily mean total prohibition. If your destination can only be accessed using some of the excluded road types, they will be used but only as much as necessary. In this case a warning icon will be shown on the My Route screen, and the part of the route not matching your preference will be displayed in a different color on the map. In the list of road types you can see in how many segments and what total length of the road type is used in the current route.
- Green Routing Settings: These settings determine how Green routes will be calculated. They are also used to display the cost and CO2 emission of routes.
- Map Settings: You can fine-tune the appearance of the Map screen. Adjust the map view to your needs, choose suitable color themes from the list for both daytime and night use, change the red arrow to a 3D car model, show or hide 3D buildings, turn track logging on or off, and manage you Place visibility sets (which Places to show on the map). The map is always shown on the screen so that you can see the effect when you change a setting.
- Visual Guidance Settings: Settings related to guidance on the map screen can be adjusted here.
- Display Settings: Display related settings include menu animations, separate skins for daytime and night use and the brightness of the display.
- Regional Settings: These settings allow you to customize the application for your local language, measurement units, time and date settings and formats, as well as to choose the time zone.
- Trip Monitor Settings: Trip logs and track logs contain useful information about your trips. Trip logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or you can turn on the automatic saving here. You can access these logs in the Trip monitor. Trip monitor is available from the More menu.