Using the Menus, Buttons, and Display Icons on the Audiovox XPMP3H1 Portable Satellite Radio and MP3 Player
The Four Player Menu Options
The Player has four menu options which can be selected after pressing the menu button. These menu options are summarized here, and are explained in detail in the four following chapters of this User Guide.
Live XM: Listen to Live XM, browse channels or categories of channels such as Pop, Rock, Country, etc., and set up scheduled recordings.
My Music Library: Access (or Browse) and playback your XM recordings, downloaded MP3 and WMA music files, and downloaded audio books.
Auto Recordings: Listen to content from your favorite XM channels that your Player has automatically saved for you.
Settings: Make adjustments to the Player’s behavior, such as display
brightness, audio equalizer settings, and channel access. Select Info
Extras to display scrolling stock ticker or sports scores.
Docked and Portable Use of Your Player
Your Player comes with everything you need to listen to your XM
programming and personal music collection at home or on the go.
At Home/Office: Place your Player in the Home Dock to listen to live XM through your home
stereo or powered speakers. Use the Remote Control to tune channels, play
tracks from your music library or record new content from across the room.
The Home Dock will also charge your Radio’s battery so its always ready to
The Home Dock is also the best place to record your favorite XM
programming. As long as your docked Radio is powered and receiving a good
signal, you can record programming from up
to 5 channels at once. Even when your Radio
is powered off, it will wake up for scheduled
recordings and store them in My Music
Portable: Use the Player as a portable Radio to listen
to Live XM, recorded XM programming, or
your downloaded MP3 and WMA music files
wherever you go.
To listen to Live XM, your Player needs to have a clear view of the sky to receive the satellite signal. Trees, buildings and even
your own body can block this signal causing audio interruption. If you lose the
satellite signal, Player will prompt you to listen to content from My Music Library
or Auto Recordings.
- Sliding the Power/Lock switch down turns the Player On or Off.
- Sliding the Power/Lock switch up locks the buttons on the Player to prevent the accidental pressing of a button.
- Slide back to the center position to unlock the buttons.
- Pressing + or - on the volume button increases or decreases
the audio volume, when you are listening to the Player with the
- The Control Wheel on the Player is multifunctional. Turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise to browse and highlight channels and list items.
- The Control Wheel can also be pressed at the north, south, east, or west positions to select Play/Pause, Record rec, Fast-Forward, or Rewind respectively.
- Pressing the Select button selects a highlighted item in a list and confirms
settings. Pressing and holding accesses the FM channel presets when docked in the Player Vehicle Dock (sold separately).
- Pressing back returns you to the previous display screen. Repeatedly pressing back will return you to the channel or recording to which you are listening.
- Pressing and holding back returns to the previous channel to which you were listening.
- The menu button lets you access the four Player modes, Live XM, My Music Library, Auto Recordings, and Settings.
- The keypad button displays an on-screen keypad allowing you to directly tune any XM channel by entering the channel number.
- The options button shows a list of available options in the context of the currently displayed screen. If no options are available, nothing is displayed.
Display Icons and What they Mean
Using the Control Wheel
The Control Wheel on the Player is multifunctional. Use your finger to
spin the wheel clockwise or counter-clockwise to browse and highlight XM
channels and menu lists.
Select highlighted items by pressing the Select button in the center of the
The Control Wheel can also be pressed at the north, south, east, or west
positions to select Play/Pause, Record, Fast-Forward, or Rewind respectively.
This information is provided as a courtesy to our customers
Thank you for your inquiry Audiovox produces this Product specifically for Sirius-XM therefore Sirius-XM provides all customer support for the product that you are inquiring about.
Web Site: www.siriusxm.com
Online Listener Care: listenercare.siriusxm.com
By Phone: 1-800-967-2346
Hours of operation are:
8:00 am — 11:00 pm, Monday — Saturday
8:00 AM — 8:00 PM on Sundays
Please contact Sirius-XM for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.