Troubleshooting the AR AW811 Outdoor Speaker
|Why isn't there any sound coming from the AW811 speaker?
- Check that the transmitter AC power adapter is fully inserted into the wall outlet and the power cord from the AC adapter is firmly connected to the transmitter power input jack.
- Confirm that the speaker is turned ON and tuned to the transmitter – the power/tuning indicator light (A) on the front of the speaker should illuminate green.
- Confirm that the speaker AC power adapter is fully inserted into the wall outlet and the power cord on the AC power adapter is firmly connected to the speaker power input jack. or
- Check that the C-cell batteries are fresh and inserted with correct polarity (+, –).
- Check that the audio source component (stereo, TV, etc.) is turned on and transmitting sound as it normally should.
- Check that the speaker volume is turned up.
- If you are using a Tape 2 Monitor output from your receiver/amp as the audio output, check that you have pressed the Tape Monitor/Tape 2 button on the front of the receiver. This will turn on the Tape 2 outputs, which may not have been active.
|Why does the sound coming from the AW811 have distortion or static?
- When using battery power, make sure the batteries are fresh and replace if necessary.
- Check that the speaker power/tuning indicator light (A) is illuminated green.
- Change the position of the channel select switch (1, 2 or 3) to change the operating frequency. The speaker will detect the loss of signal and retune automatically. However, you can also press the Power/tuning/volume up once to make the speaker retune.
- Change the location of the transmitter. Place it as high and away from obstructions as possible. Avoid placing the transmitter directly on top of or behind a TV.
- Move the transmitter and speaker closer together. Sending the signal through certain materials, such as glass, tile, and metal, can decrease the effective transmitting distance of the system.