Troubleshooting the AR AWS6 Portable Wireless Speaker
|Why isn't there any sound coming from the AWS6?
- Check that the transmitter AC power adapter is fully inserted into the wall outlet and the power cord from the AC adapter is firmly connected to the transmitter power input jack.
- confirm that the speaker is turned on and tuned to the transmitter— the indicator light on the front of the speaker should be solid blue (not blinking).
- If you're using the power adapters, confirm that both (for the speaker and for the transmitter) are fully inserted into their wall outlets and the adapter power cords are firmly connected to the power input jacks on the transmitter or speaker. OR
- If you're using batteries for the speaker, check that they are fresh and inserted with correct polarity (+, –).
- Check that the audio source component (stereo, MP3 player, etc.) is turned on and transmitting sound as it normally should.
- Make sure the volume on your audio source is turned up.
- Check that the speaker volume is turned up.
- If you are using a Tape 2 Monitor output from your receiver/amp as the audio output, check that you have pressed the Tape Monitor/Tape 2 button on the front of the receiver. This will turn on the Tape 2 outputs, which may not have been active..
|Why is the sound coming from the AWS6 distorted or why is there is static?
- When using battery power, make sure the batteries are fresh and replace if necessary.
- Check that the speaker’s indicator light is solid blue (not blinking).
- Change the position of the channel select switch (1, 2 or 3) to change the operating frequency. Then press the AutoScan button on the speaker’s back panel to make the speaker retune.
- Change the location of the transmitter. Place it as high and away from obstructions as possible. Avoid placing the transmitter directly on top of or behind a TV.
- Move the transmitter and speaker closer together. Sending the signal through certain materials, such as glass, tile, and metal, can decrease the effective transmitting distance of the system.