Powering the system indoors: Plug one end of the AC to DC adapter into the DC 9V jack on the right side of the main unit, then plug the other end into the 120V AC power receptacle.
Powering the system in a car: Plug one end of the cigarette lighter adapter into the DC 9V jack on the unit, then plug the other end into the cigarette lighter socket.
Rechargeable Battery Installation and Use (Optional): The player utilizes a set of long-life NiMH batteries for portable power supply. The NiMH battery pack is specially designed for your player, please consult your dealer for purchasing the battery pack VBP5058. NiMH batteries feature high storage capacity and low level of degradation. This means the NiMH batteries doesn't have “Memory Effect” and thus can be recharged safely regardless of whether the battery is fully or only partially spent. Please fully charge the battery prior to first use.
Note: When the DVD player is used with the battery as a power source, ensure that the battery has been charged for at least eight hours prior to connecting it to the DVD player.
If you plan to not use the battery for an extended period of time (say, one week or longer), we recommend that you first fully charge the battery and store it away properly. For longer periods of storage, please recharge the battery at least once every two months to maintain the battery in its best condition. Please under no circumstances short out the battery, store the battery in a metal container, or leave the battery in a humid or damp environment. Ideally, store the battery in an airtight container with desiccant or other dehumidifying agent. Each full recharge takes approximately five-hours and one full charge can power the player for approximately 3 hours.
During recharge, the light next to the DC power input will light up red. Once fully recharged, the light will turn green. At this point you may remove the wall plug and cease charging.
Precautions related to Battery Recharge:
- Once the battery has been fully spent, please immediately recharge the battery (regardless of whether you plan to use battery power again soon) in order to maximize battery life.
- To charge the battery, please connect the power jack directly into the VBP50 and leave the POWER switch in the off position.
Using and Maintaining your Rechargeable Batteries:
<p style="FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-WEIGHT: n
- Please make sure you always use only the AC transformer included with the player to recharge your batteries.
- Recharge effectiveness will degrade when environmental temperatures drop below 50oF (10oC) or exceed 95oF (35oC).
- Please remove battery from the player and store properly if the player is not to be used for an extended period of time. For periods of two months or more, please recharge the battery at least once every two months to avoid irreparable damage to the battery. If the battery left attached to the player for an extended period, please recharge the battery at least once every two weeks.
- Avoid unnecessarily recharging fully charged batteries.