Operating the Audiovox VBP800 portable DVD player
Loading and Playing a Disc
- After connecting power to the unit, slide the POWER ON/OFF on the right side to ON, the DVD player’s POWER indicator lights.
- Open the disc tray by pressing OPEN at the lower right of the disc tray, and place a disc into the tray with the disc’s label facing up.
- Press at the right side of the door until it clicks shut. The unit will load the disc and start playing.
- Rotate BRIGHT and VOLUME to adjust the LCD’s brightness and the DVD player’s volume.
- To stop playing a disc, press STOP.
- To turn off the DVD player, slide POWER ON/OFF to OFF. The DVD player’s POWER indicator turns off.
- To remove the disc, open the disc tray, then you will see a picture on the right inner corner of the cover to indicate how to remove the disc, just use your finger to access the right inner corner of the disc tray and lift up the disc and remove it from the disc tray.
Press ‘SETUP’ to display the Main screen o f the SETUP Menu on the screen. Use the Up/Down/Right/Left buttons to access and changes settings in the SETUP Menu. Press ‘SETUP’ again to exit the SETUP Menu and the unit will resume its last playback mode.
PLAYING MP3 DISCS
MP3 is a format for storing digital audio. An audio CD-quality song is compressed into the MP3 format with very little loss of audio quality while taking up much less disc space. CD-R /RW discs that have been encoded in MP3 format are compatible with this system. Playback modes:
- FOLDER (normal playback)
- REPEAT ONE (repeat playback of a song)
- REPEAT FOLDER (repeat playback of a specific folder) Insert an MP3 CD, the DVD player will initialize the disc and the directory (folder) will be shown on the TV screen.
When an MP3 disc is inserted into the unit, the menu screen appears automatically. You can use the menu screen to change folders and songs. The system plays the songs in the order they were burned onto the disc.
- Press the ^ or v button to choose a folder from the folder list on the left side of the screen.
- Press ENTER to select the highlighted folder. The songs available under the folder will be listed.
- Use ^ or v button to choose a song from the list. Press ENTER to select and begin playback of the highlighted song.
- Use the ( NEXT ) button to move to the next song. Press the(PREVIOUS) button to move to the beginning of the previous song.
Using The Repeat Feature: The default mode for the Repeat feature is OFF. Pressing REPEAT consecutively changes the repeat options:
- REPEAT ONE
- REPEAT FOLDER
Pressing REPEAT a 5th time will resume normal playback. As you toggle through the options, the repeat option changes. The selected repeat option loops repeatedly until you turn it off.
NOTE: “ ” icon in front of a file name indicates that this is a folder, not an MP3 file. “MP3” icon in front of a file name indicates that this is a MP3 file.
Playing JPEG file
- Load the JPEG Disc into tray.
- Select JPEG file by pressing “UP/DOWN” button.
- You can open the JPEG file by pressing “Play” or “ENTER”.
- Pressing the “LEFT Key“ will rotate the picture 90 degrees counter clockwise. Pressing the “RIGHT Key“ will rotate the picture clockwise.
- When browsing the photos, you can reverse the photo horizontally by pressing “UP” key,or you can reverse the photos vertically by pressing “DOWN” key.
- When you browse the JPEG file, press “display”, there will be different refresh modes.
- When previewing the file, pressing “ANGLE, SUBTITLE, AUDIO, NUMBER, AB, RETURN, REW/FF, SLOW” a hand icon will appear on the display meaning that these options are not available.
- Press “Stop” to browse the JPEG file, “SLIDE SHOW” “MENU” will display on the screen.
- When browsing the picture, press “Stop” and thumbnail size picture will be displayed. You can select the picture you desire by using the UP/ DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/ ENTER key.
- Press “Play” or “OK”, to preview the left top picture.
- You can return the root Menu by pressing “left” key.
Connecting to a TV or another monitor
You can also connect the DVD player to a TV to enjoy high quality stereo sound and picture on another monitor.
- Connect one end of the audio/video cable’s black (1/8” stereo plug) plug into the unit’s DVD AUDIO OUT jack, and connect the other end to the AUDIO INPUT jacks on your TV or Monitor (white = left channel, red = right channel).
- Connect the audio/video cable’s yellow plug into the DVD VIDEO OUT jack on the back of the unit, and the other yellow plug to the VIDEO INPUT jack on your TV or Monitor.
Thank you for your inquiry - Audiovox values our customers and though this product is no longer in production nor does it qualifiy for warranty or repair due to the age of the product, limited support information may be available through our FAQ Database and/or Customer Service.
Before you proceed check this and other answers related to your product by searching with the Model Number of your product from the Search Box above.
NOTE: Technical support, parts, user manuals (not shown on this FAQ), accessories, or repairs are either limited or NOT available for discontinued models.