If you are experiencing difficulties with your RCA MC4004 Opal player, check the hold button located on the right hand side of your player, if should be in a down position. If you believe your firmware may be corrupted, use this file to restore the original (OEM) firmware.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link.
- Select save and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Firmware v18.104.22.168 Enhancements:
- Enhanced voice recording performance
- Enhanced battery charging capabilities
Firmware v1.2.4 Enhancements:
- Improved charging compatibility with Windows™ 2000
- Improved user experience when shutting down
- Improved the functionality of the “Menu” button
- Added device screensaver (visible when connected via USB)