Synchronizing files between PC and PVR
Converting and Transferring Files: To synchronize the files between a PC and your PVR, read and follow the instructions below.
- Power on the PVR. Connect the PVR to the computer with the USB cable provided in the package.
- Press Browse button to select the path where your files reside. The files will be listed as thumbnails in the Source field.
- Press Browse button to select the path where you temporary files will reside before uploading to PVR.
- Press Convert button. The conversion starts. Note: The Multimedia Convert program is for Windows98 SE/ME/2000/XP only.
- The Convert Progress dialog box appears listing the conversion detail. To cancel the conversion, press Stop to stop.
Mass Storage Mode:
- For IBM-PC Compatible Users: Connect your PVR to a computer and extra disk drive (USB Portable Disk) will appear. Your PVR is now in Mass Storage Mode. In this mode, you can copy, move or delete files (pictures) exactly the way you manipulate files in Windows user interface. Note: Do not put the files you want to play on the PVR via Mass Storage Mode. For those files you want to play on the PVR, use only the Multimedia Converter to convert and upload.
- For MAC Users (Mac OS: 9.x and 10.1 above): By connecting your PVR to a MAC computer (refer to the previous page), it will automatically detect Mass Storage drive. You can easily manipulate your files the way you do in MAC user interface.
Disconnecting the PVR from your Computer: We strongly recommend you disconnect the PVR from your computer when it is not in use.
- Click “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the taskbar.
- Select Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device from the menu.
- Click “Unplug or Eject Hardware” icon in the taskbar.
- Select “Stop USB Mass Storage Device” from the menu (Windows 2000). Select “Stop USB Disk” from the menu (Windows ME).
- In My computer, right click on the removable disk corresponding to the player.
- Select “Eject” from the menu.
Mac OS 9.1 and 10.X above:
- Select the player icon (shown as ‘NO_NAME’ or ‘untitled’ drive) on the desktop.
- Drag and drop the drive to the Trash.
- If the PVR is not connected to your PC while opening the Multimedia Converter program, a “no device” dialog box will appear, simply click the Check button to continue. The program will launch and all the converted file(s) will be saved and placed in the temporary folder. Once the PVR is connected to your PC, the previously converted files will then automatically be uploaded to the PVR.
- If you don't want to keep the files on your PC for backup, check the option “delete temporary file(s) after the transfer?”, then the files saved in the temporary files folder will be deleted after uploading to PVR.
- The Destination window will be disabled if there is no PVR connected. If the PVR is connected to your PC, you will see 4 folders labeled PHOTO, VIDEO, AUDIO and MP3 in this window. The folders are automatically built by the system. All the converted files will be sorted and saved to these folders according to their type.
- To delete the files in PVR, select the file in the Destination window and then click the Trash can.