PC Operation for the RCA M6208 MP3 Player
Computer System Requirements
- Pentium III 500MHz or higher recommended
- Windows® XP (service pack 1 or higher) or Windows Vista™ or Windows® 7
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher with Internet access
- Windows Media Player 10 or higher
- 250MB or more free hard disk space for the software
- 128MB RAM (256MB recommended)
- CD-ROM drive capable of digital audio extraction
- USB port (2.0 recommended)
- Sound card
Connecting to the Computer
- Connect the player to your computer with the USB cable provided. The player will turn on automatically.
- The player will be connected in MSC (Mass Storage Class) mode. It will appear as a drive letter on your computer and behave as a detachable drive for file transfer in one or both directions.
- The RCA easyRip Media Software installer is stored on the player. Go to My Computer (XP users) /Go to Computer (Vista and 7 users) in the Start menu, find and open the drive letter associated with the player (i.e. RCA MP3) and then double-click the rcaeasyrip_setup.exe file to launch the installer.
- The software installer can be deleted from the player after installation to free up more storage space*.
- It may take several seconds for the player to be detected. Click View -> Refresh in My Computer or Windows Explorer to make sure the player has been detected.
- The player is capable of transferring files at USB 2.0. If a USB 2.0 port is available on your computer, use it to connect to your player. The player is still backward compatible with the older USB 1.1 ports; however, you will not be able to take full advantage of the potential speed increase.
IMPORTANT: Do not disconnect the USB connection from either the PC or the player during the software installation.
Charging the Player
The player charges automatically every time you connect it to your computer. To fully charge the player, make sure your computer is on and the player is connected for at least 3 hours. Refer to the battery level icon on the display to check the battery level. Recharge the player when the icon is empty.
Managing Files on your RCA Player
Before you begin using your RCA player, you'll want to copy your media files to the player. You can use any of the following methods to transfer content:
- RCA easyRip
- Drag and drop files using Windows Explorer
- Video files must be converted and transferred via RCA easyRip for playback on your player.
- Video, photo, and audible files must be transferred while the player is in MSC mode to their respective folders on the player to ensure proper detection and playback.
Using RCA easyRip:
easyRip lets you:
- Import music from CDs
- Organize your music library on your PC
- Create Playlists
- Copy files from your library to the player
- Copy files from the player to your library
- Delete files from the player
To start easyRip:
- Click on the RCA Detective system tray icon and select RCA easyRip from the menu.
- Double-click the easyRip icon on your PC’s desktop. The easyRip dock appears at the side of your screen.
Help – For detailed explanation on using easyRip, click the Help module on the Module Dock.
Using Windows Explorer
To copy files in MSC mode:
- Open the player in Windows Explorer.
- Drag and drop music files into the Music folder and photo files into the Photo folder.
Deleting files from the player: You may delete any files transferred to the player.
- Connect the player to your computer.
- Open the player in Windows Explorer and then navigate to the folder containing the files.
- Select the files you want to remove and then press the Delete key on the keyboard of your PC.
Disconnecting the player from the PC:
- In the Windows system tray, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon and then select the device with the appropriate drive letter from the list of devices.
- When the Safe to remove hardware message appears, unplug the player from the PC.
IMPORTANT: Do not disconnect the USB connection during file transfer. Doing so may corrupt system files or the files being transferred.
You can also download your owners manual - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD