Operating the Audiovox D2010 DVD Player
Rechargeable Battery Pack: Your portable DVD player comes with a lithium ion rechargeable battery that attaches to the rear of the DVD player. Charge the battery fully before initial use. Charging time is normally about 5 hours. A fully charged battery delivers about 2-1/2 to 3 hours of use, but playing time varies from disc to disc. If the battery will not be used for a long period of time, fully charge the battery prior to storage.
Attaching the Battery Pack:
- Place the DVD Player on a soft and smooth surface with the bottom of the unit facing UP.
- With one hand on the DVD Player to prevent it from moving, take the battery and align the four plastic tabs on the battery pack with holes on the player, and push the battery pack into the DVD Player.
- Slide the Battery Pack until you hear it click and lock into place.
Charging the Battery Pack: The battery pack must be attached to the DVD player to charge it using the supplied AC Power Adapter.
- Attach the battery pack to the DVD player.
- Plug the supplied AC Power Adapter into the player’s power jack marked with ”DC+12V IN”, which is located on right side of the DVD Player.
- Plug the other end of the AC Power Adapter Cord into a household AC Outlet.
Detaching the Battery Pack: If the DVD Player is not going to be used for long periods of time, the battery pack should first be fully charged and the Battery Pack should be detached. When the DVD Player is turned OFF, the DVD Player is still consuming some power in STANDBY mode. This will eventually discharge the battery. Make sure the power is turned OFF before detaching the Battery Pack.
- Place the player on a soft and smooth surface with the bottom of the unit facing up.
- Press and hold the Battery Release Tab (located on the bottom) in the direction of the arrow.
- Remove the Battery Pack by gently sliding it towards the side of the unit.
- Carefully remove the Battery Pack from your player.
Using the DC Adapter: To use the supplied Vehicle DC Adapter, disconnect the Battery pack and connect the Vehicle Power Plug Adapter into the DVD Player’s Power Jack and the other end into the Vehicle DC outlet (Cigarette Lighter Socket).
Installing The System Onto Vehicle Seat Back:
- Take one of the supplied straps from the carrier bag. Connect the latch to one of the upper metal rings on the mounting bag. Connect the “S” hook to the other upper metal ring and place the loop over the headrest. Adjust the strap until the bag is firmly secured.
- Take another strap from the carrier bag, and connect the latch to the lower metal ring on the left side of the bag. Attach the “S” hook to the same ring after looping the strap around the seat rail. Repeat this process for the right side. In some vehicles, it may be necessary to attach the “S” connector to the rail directly, as it may not be long enough to reach back to the ring.
- Adjust the straps tightly so that the bag is secured.
Installing The System Between Vehicle Seats:
- Take one strap and connect the latch to the upper metal ring on the left side of the bag. Attach the “S” hook to the same ring after looping the strap around the headrest of the driver’s seat. Repeat this process for the right side (Passenger Seat).
- Take another strap and connect the latch to lower metal ring on the left side of the bag. Attach the “S” hook to the same ring after looping the strap around the driver’s seat rail. Repeat this process for the right side. In some vehicles, it may be necessary to attach the “S” connector directly to the rail, as it may not be long enough to reach back to the ring.
- Adjust the straps tightly so that the bag is secured.
Using Wired Headphones: Connect headphones into the headphone Jack on the left or right side of the unit. Sound from the DVD Player’s external speaker will stop when headphones are connected.
Using Wireless Headphones (Optional):
- For best results when using wireless headphones sit facing the screen within the range of 8 feet and not more than 30 degrees left and right of center. There should be no obstacles between the wireless headphones and the infrared audio signal emitter.
- Press the PIC button on the front panel until “Infrared Headphone Emitter” power ON/OFF is displayed.
- In the Infrared Headphone Emitter power ON/OFF select mode, press the +/- button on the front panel to select ON.
- If there is no sound, make sure that the headphones are on and that the volume is turned up and that the batteries in the headphones are not discharged.
Controls and Indicators
- OPEN button: Press to open the disc tray cover.
- Disc Tray Cover: When the disc is loaded gently press the cover to close it.
- PLAY button: Press to begin playback.
- Remote Sensor: IR receiver for remote control operation.
- STOP button: Press to stop playback.
- Power Indicator: Lights green when the player is on.
- PAUSE button: Press once to pause playback. Press again to activate step frame by frame playback.
- ENT button: Press to confirm selection.
- Direction buttons: Press to select menu items or settings.
- MENU button: Press to display the disc root menu.
- TITLE button: Press to display titles if present on the DVD disc.
- Next button: Press to skip to the next chapter or track.
- Forward Scan button: Press to scan forward.
- Prev button: Press once to skip to the beginning of the current chapter or track, press twice to skip to the previous chapter or track.
- Reverse Scan button: Press to scan backwards.
- Speakers: Provide high quality Audio output.
- LCD Screen: 10.2” TFT LCD Panel
- Latch Hook: Used to lock the LCD panel to the unit.
- Infrared audio signal emitter: Used to transmit audio to optional wireless headphones (IRHSCS).
- -/+buttons: Use to adjust the brightness, color and contrast level. Also used to turn the infrared headphone emitter power ON or OFF, and selecting the LCD display ON or OFF. When the LCD display is turned off, press either of the PICTURE or +/- buttons and the LCD display will turn ON.
- PICTURE button: Press to enter the brightness, color or contrast adjustment mode. Infrared headphone emitter power ON or OFF, and selecting the LCD display ON or OFF.
- MODE button: Press to change the aspect ratio from 4:3, 16:9 and zoom modes.
- Charge Indicator: When charging the battery pack, the light on the control panel will turn red. When the battery is fully charged the light will go OFF.
Right Side Panel Controls:
- Volume Control: Used to adjust the headphone and speaker volume.
- Headphone Jack: Used to connect wired headphones for private listening. When headphones are connected to this jack the speaker output will turn off automatically.
- AV IN/OUT Switch: Switch to IN, to input an external Audio/Video source. Switch to OUT when the player is connected to an external monitor.
- Audio Input/Output Jack: Used for connection to an external amplifier or external audio source.
- Video Input/Output Jack: Used for connection to an external monitor or video source.
- 12V DC Input Jack: Used to connect the AC/DC Adaptor or DC Vehicle Adaptor Power to the unit.
Left Side Panel Controls:
- Headphone jack: Used to connect wired headphones for private listening. When headphones are connected to this jack the speaker output will turn off.
- Power ON/OFF Switch: Switch the power on or off.
- PWR button: Press to turn the unit ON or OFF.
- INFO button: Press to display detailed playback information. Keep pressing the button to display additional information or to turn the information display OFF.
- TITLE button: Press to display titles if present on the disc.
- Direction buttons: Press to select menu items.
- ENTER button: Press to confirm the selected menu items or settings.
- SETUP button: Press to access the DVD player’s setup menu.
- Number buttons (0-9): Press to select Password Numbers or go to a specific Track or Time on a disc. (GOTO Function)
- PREV button: Press to go to beginning of current Track or Chapter. Press twice to go to beginning of a previous Track or Chapter.
- NEXT button: Press to go to next Track or Chapter.
- SUBT button: When a DVD with subtitles is playing, press to select a subtitle language or to turn subtitles OFF.
- Angle button: Press to access various camera angles, if the DVD disc contains multiple camera angles.
- A-B Repeat button: Used to play a section of the DVD from point “A” to point “B”. Press once to select the starting point (A) press again to select the end point (B). Press a third time to cancel the A-B Repeat.
- ZOOM button: Press to enter and cycle through zoom functions, use the direction buttons to pan around the screen.
- REP button: Press to repeat a Track, Chapter, Title, or the entire disc.
- MENU button: Press to access the disc root menu.
- PIC button: Press to enter the brightness, color or contrast level-adjusting mode. Infrared headphone emitter power ON/OFF or selecting the LCD display ON/OFF.
- STOP button: Press once to stop playback. Press the PLAY/PAUSE button to resume normal playback. Press the button twice to stop playback completely.
- PLAY/PAUSE button: Press to start or pause playback.
- GOTO button: Press to select the desired disc starting Time, Track or Title.
- +10 button: Select numbers greater than 9 by pressing the (+10) button first, and then additional number buttons as needed.
- FWD SCAN button: Press to search forwards at 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x or 32x the normal playback speed.
- REV SCAN button: Press to search backwards 2x, 4x, 8x,16x or 32x the normal playback speed.
- SLOW button: Press to activate slow forward. Slow playback at 1/2, 1/4,1/8, 1/16 the normal playback speed.
- AUDIO button: Press to access various audio languages or tracks, when the DVD disc contains multiple audio languages or tracks.
Using of Remote Control:
- Remove the battery holder.
- Insert the battery into the battery holder (observe correct polarity) and insert the battery holder into the remote.
- For best results, aim the remote directly at the player’s IR receiver window, within 15 feet, and angles not exceeding 60 degrees. The path between the remote control and remote sensor should be free of obstructions.
- Under normal use the battery will last for approximately one year.
- Remove the battery if the remote is not to be used for a long time.
- Battery type is a CR2025.
Note: Before plugging the power cord into an AC outlet, make sure that all other connections have been made as described below.
Power Supply Connection: Connect the supplied adapter to the side of the DVD player in the jack marked “DC 12V IN”. Plug the two-prong end of the power cord to an AC100-240V outlet. If you have difficulty inserting the plug, turn it over and reinsert it. If the DVD Player will not be used for a long time, disconnect the plug from the outlet.
Connecting to a TV: Audio/Video Connections: Always ensure that the DVD player, TV and any other electrical components are switched OFF before connecting to the DVD player. The easiest way to connect the DVD player to a television is via the supplied Audio/Video cable. Connect the audio/video cable from the DVD player to the audio/video inputs of the TV. And then switch the AV IN/OUT button to OUT. Noise may occur in speaker when there is an external audio signal input while playing a DVD disc. Unplug the audio cord to clear the noise. This player only outputs NTSC signals. Make sure to use NTSC input type monitor/TV. If the picture is distorted or colorless, please check the type monitor/TV. Do not connect an audio/video input while the A/V in/out switch is in the out position. This may result in unwanted audio or video distortion.
Connecting to an Amplifier: The DVD player can be connected to an amplifier. Plug the supplied A/V cable into the audio jack on the right side of the unit and plug the other end into an audio input on the amplifier (White= left, Red=Right). Please refer to the equipment’s manual before connecting.
DVD Player Operation
- Turn on the player’s power by switching the POWER switch on the side of the player to “ON”.
- Unlatch the LCD panel and lift it up.
- Press the OPEN button on front panel to open the disc cover.
- Load disc with the label facing up.
- Close the disc tray cover, pressing the area of the disc cover that says “Press”. The player will automatically search for the disc and start playback.
Playback of DVD Disc: When the DVD menu appears press the direction buttons to select an option. Press the ENTER or PLAY to start the selected option.
- Pause: Press the Play/Pause button once on the remote control to pause playback. Press the Play/Pause button again to resume normal playback.
- Zoom: Press the ZOOM button on the remote control to cycle through the different zoom settings. While in the zoom mode use the direction buttons to move around to different positions on the screen.
- Stop: During playback, press the STOP button once on the remote control to stop playback of a disc. Press the PLAY/PAUSE button and the DVD Player will resume playback of the disc from the point where it was stopped.
- Screen Mode: Press the MODE button on the front panel to switch the screen aspect ratio between 16:9, 4:3 and ZOOM.
- Previous and Next: Press the PREV button once to return to the currently playing Chapter or Track. Press the PREV button twice and playback will start from the previous Chapter or Track. Press the NEXT button on the remote control and playback of the disc will start from the next Chapter or Track.
You can customize the set up menu to your own preference. Press the “SETUP” button on the remote control to display the setup menu. The menu will include “General Setup”, “Speaker Setup”, “Dolby Digital Setup”, “Video Setup”, and “Preference Setup”. Press the direction button on the remote control to select a category. All the items in the category will appear on the screen. Press the “ENTER” button to enter the category.
Category: When you enter a category all the items under this category will appear, the highlighted category is the current set up. Press the right direction button on the remote control to select another category (new selection will be highlighted). Press the “ENTER” button for confirmation. Press the left direction button to enter the other setup menu(s).
- Forward and Reverse Scan: Press the and buttons to Forward or Reverse scan a disc during playback (x2, x4, x8, x16 x32).
- Slow Forward: Press the SLOW button to Slow Scan a track on a disc during playback (1/2, 1/4,1/8, 1/16).
- Repeat: Repeat a Title, Chapter or Track. Press the REP button on the remote control. Continually pressing the REP button will display a menu as follows: Repeat Chapter, Title, All.
- You can temporarily select a section of a DVD that you would like to play repeatedly. You do this by marking the start and the end of the section using the A/B button. During playback press the A-B button on the remote control at the beginning of the segment (point A) you wish to play repeatedly. Press the A-B button again to mark the end of the segment (point B). The DVD player will automatically return to point A and repeat playback of the selected segment (A-B). To resume normal playback, press the A-B button again.
- Subtitle: A DVD disc can be recorded with up to 32 subtitles. Press the SUBT button on the remote control during playback to select the one you prefer. This function is only available on DVD discs that are recorded with multi-subtitles.
- Angle: If the scene was recorded from multiple angles, you can change the camera angle of the scene you are watching. Press the ANGLE button on the remote control during playback. Playback will shift to another angle. If the disc menu gives the options of angles items, you can switch angles for viewing by pressing the number buttons on the remote control. This function is only available if a disc has multiple angles recorded on the disc.
- Search by time: During DVD disc playback, press the GOTO button on the remote control once, there will be a menu displayed on the screen. Use the direction buttons to select the desired item and press the Enter button. Select Title or Chapter and use the number buttons to input the desired title or chapter number. Press the direction button to return. Some DVD discs may not support this function.
- Resume Playback: Press the STOP button at the point if you wish to stop the playback of a disc. The DVD Player will memorize the location where playback of the disc was stopped. Press the Play/Pause button to resume normal playback. The DVD Player will resume the playback of the disc from the location where it was stopped. This function will not operate if the disc is removed from the DVD Player. Press the STOP button twice (2). Playback of the disc will stop. When the Play/Pause button is pressed again, playback of the disc will start from the beginning of disc.
Playing a JPEG: JPEG is a common picture format. Hundreds of pictures can be stored in a disc in this format and viewed on the LCD screen.
- Normal Playback: Load a JPEG disc into the DVD Player. After reading the disc, the DVD Player will display the JPEG file on the left side of the screen and the preview picture on the right side of the screen. Use the direction buttons to select the picture you wish to view and then press the ENTER button to confirm and start playback. During playback of the disc, use the and buttons to select the next picture or previous picture. Press the MENU button to enter the preview menu.
- Picture Rotation: The picture can be rotated by using the cursor buttons.
- Picture Zoom: The ZOOM button is used to enlarge the picture by 2x, 3x or 4x the normal size or reduce the picture by 1/2,1/3,or 1/4 normal size. First press the ZOOM button to enter the zoom mode, then use the fast forward or reverse scan button to enlarge or reduce the picture. With the zoom function turned ON, use the direction buttons to move to a desired position of the picture. When the ZOOM function is turned off, the picture will display normally.
- Some JPEG discs can be played normally but with no rotate or zoom functions depending on how the disc was produced.