Menu Types: The player has two types of menu.
Player Menu: The player menu appears when you turn on the player or if you press and hold Return while listening to the player. It lets you:
- Browse for and play music, audiobook, video and picture files
- Listen to the radio
- Record and play back voice memos
- Change the player's settings - language, display brightness, etc.
Option Menu: The option menu appears if you press at the "Now Playing" screen while listening to the player. It provides different options depending on what you are listening to at that moment.
- Press + and - to scroll up and down the list of menu items.
- Press Play/Pause to go to the next menu level. Press Return to return to the previous menu level.
- If the highlighted item is playable (for example, an audio file), press Play/Pause to start playback.
- If the highlighted item indicates the current setting (for example, the repeat mode setting), press Play/Pause to change the setting.
The Home Menu: The top-level or "Home" menu is always displayed when you press and hold Return.
Changing the player’s settings:
- In the Home menu, press + or – and << or >> to navigate to Settings.
Note: In other playback modes, press and hold Return to return to the Home menu.
- Press Play/Pause to enter Settings mode.
- Use + or – and << or >> to navigate through the menus and highlight the desired item, then press Play/Pause to change the settings.
- Plays back music tracks (mp3/wma/wav) in a random order.
- Options: On and Off.
- Repeats music tracks based on selected mode. When repeat mode One is selected, the current track will repeat. When repeat mode All is selected, all files in the current album will repeat.
- Options: One, All, and Off.
- Switches current equalizer mode used to play back music tracks. Each mode corresponds to different types of music to enhance your listening experience.
- Options: Flat, Bass, Pop, Rock Jazz, Graph. (Press >> to enter Graph mode)
- Using Graph mode to customize five-band equalizer: Press << or >> to select a band and then press + or – to adjust the band level. When finished, press Return to save and exit Graph mode.
- Sets the navigation submenu options in the Music menu. At least one submenu must remain On.
- Options: Titles, Artists, Albums, Genres. (Each toggle On/Off)
- Sets the amount of time to show each picture before automatically advancing to the next picture.
- Options: Off, 3s, 5s, 10s, 15s
- Adjusts the display’s light brightness.
- Options: 1 - 8
- Sets the screensaver activation time which will launch the screensaver after specified duration of inactivity.
- Options: 10 sec., 20 sec., 30 sec., or 1 min.
- Sets the powersave interval time which will turn the player off after specified duration if no key is pressed.
- Options: Off, 1 min., 2 min., 5 min., 10 min.
RecDur (Record duration):
- To change the duration for radio and voice memo recording.
- Options: Max, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour
FreqStep (Frequency Step):
- Sets the method the player uses to scan radio frequencies.
- Options: EU (Europe), US (North America)
- Changes the language of the player menus.
- Options: English, Français, Español
- Switches between protocol modes.
- Options: MSC (Mass Storage Class), MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)
IMPORTANT: The player must be in MTP mode for subscription content transfer.
- Performs sorting to all music files. "Profiling..." will be displayed until the sorting finishes.
- Displays the amount of free space available and the firmware version.
- Resets all menus to factory defaults.
- Removes all data and license files.
IMPORTANT: Backup your media before formatting the player.