Basic Operation of the VR5220 Digital Voice Recorder:
Setting the Day or Time:
With day and time set, you can always read on the display the recording date and time of your recorded messages. Normal recording is still possible without setting. However, no correct recording date and time can be referenced in your recorded messages.
1. Press on >|| to turn on the player.
2. In stop mode, press and hold info/menu for about 2 seconds and then release the button. The first menu item FOLDER flashes on the display.
3. Press info/menu repeatedly until YY flashes on the display.
4. Press |<< / >>| or Vol +/– to adjust the value (default year: 2009) and then press info/ menu to confirm. If day and time have not been set previously, the player goes to step 4 automatically after turn on.
5. After year is set, you will then be guided to set month, day, 12/24 hour display, hour and minute. Follow the operations in step 4 for settings.
Selecting folders and files:
To select folders:
1. Press and hold info/menu for about 2 seconds and then release the button. The first menu item FOLDER fl ashes on the display.
2. Press |<< />>| or VOL +/– to select a specific folder (A/B/C/D).
3. Press stop
To select files:
1. Select the folder you need.
2. Press |<< / >>| to select the file you want.
• If the file you want is in the current folder, you can press |<< / >>| to select it directly in both stop and play modes.
1. Select a folder and a file.
2. Press >|| to start playback.
3. Press >|| to pause playback, press again to resume.
4. You can press Vol +/– to adjust listening volume.
5. Press and hold Back or Next to make a quick search within a file. Quick search skips by second within the first minute of a recording. After that, the search skips by minute. To resume searching by second, release the button once and then press and hold |<< or >>| again.
6. Press |<< or >>| once to skip one file forward or backward.
7. Press stop to stop playback.
To display file Information: Press info/menu repeatedly to show various information of the current file:
- Current clock time
- Record date of current file
- Record time of current file
- Bookmark (if available) of current location
- Remaining record time
- Elapsed play time (during playback)
Accessing the Player Menu:
- Press and hold info/menu for about 2 seconds and then release the button. The first menu item FOLDER flashes on the display.
To change settings in the menu:
1. In the player menu, press info/menu repeatedly to view the menu items (See List below).
2. Press / or VOL +/– to make selections or adjust values.
3. Press to confirm your selection and exit setting.
- Folder (A/B/C/D)
- Record conditions (DICT/CONF)
- Record quality (LP/SP/HQ)
- AVR (on/off)
- Playback speed (FAST/SLOW)
- Playback mode (one/all)
- Tone (on/off)
- Player menu
- Day (month/day)
- 12/24 hour time
- Time (hour/minute)
- Exit player menu