PC Operation for the VR5230 Digital Voice Recorder:
Computer system requirements
- PC with Windows Vista or Windows® XP (Service Pack 1 or higher) or Windows® 2000 (Service Pack 3 or higher). MAC OS is NOT supported.
- 20MB free hard disk space for software
- USB port 1.1 or 2.0
- Installed sound card
Connecting to computer
Connect the player before launching the Digital Voice Manager.
- Extend the USB connector on the player and connect it to your computer’s USB port.
- PCLINK shows on the player’s display. The player appears as a removable drive in your computer.
Installing Digital Voice Manager
1. Connect the player with the computer as instructed in the previous section.
2. The first time you connect the player to your computer, the Digital Voice Manager application will start installation automatically. Follow the instructions on the screen for installation.
- If the installation does not start automatically, open My Computer and double-click the player driver icon. Then double-click rcaDVM_setup to start the installation.
- If RCA Detective feature is selected during installation, the Digital Voice Manager application will open automatically once you connect the player to your computer.
When the player is in Menu mode, during playback or recording, a connection between the player and the computer will not be established. Quit the above modes before connecting to the computer.
- Data transfer is possible even if no batteries are installed in the player.
- Do not disconnect the USB connection during files transfer.
- The Digital Voice Manager software can also be downloaded from www.rcaaudiovideo.com
Disconnecting from a Computer
After you have copied files to or from the player, you can disconnect the player from the computer.
1. Click the icon from the System Tray and select Unplug or Eject hardware. Select the drive corresponding to your player.
2. The Stop a Hardware player screen will appear. Select the player to be stopped again for confirmation and click OK.
3. Now you can disconnect the player from the computer. If you want to go back to USB mode for file transfer at this stage, you need to unplug and connect the player to the PC again.