Installation Instructions RCA ANT3036X Outdoor Antenna
ASSEMBLING THE ANTENNA
For outdoor installation, we recommend you assemble the entire antenna on the ground, then mount it on a mast. For attic installation, first measure your attic to make sure the assembled antenna will fit. The assembled antenna might not fit through your attic’s entrance, so you might need to perform most of the assembly in the attic.
Step 1. Splinting the Main Boom Sections Together
For models ANT3036X, use the supplied hardware to assemble the main boom sections. If necessary, lift one end of the main boom so the crossover wires reach the threaded posts of the next section.
Note: There are no crossover wires over the back section.
Step 2. Mast Clamp Assembly
1. Use the supplied hardware to loosely attach the supplied mast clamp assembly to the main antenna boom. For models ANT3036X, attach the support boom’s mast clamp assembly, facing it the same direction as the main boom’s mast clamp assembly.
2. Press the supplied large end plugs into the ends of the main antenna boom and the modelANT3036X support boom.
Step 3. Support Boom Assembly
1. For models ANT3036X align the support boom’s straps and mast clamp with the main boom’s support strap holes and mast clamp.
2. Attach the support straps to the main boom using the two supplied 1½-inch screws and large wing nuts.
Step 4. UHF Dipole and Isolation Network Assembly
1. For models ANT3036X pull the two halves of the UHF dipole away from the main boom until they lock into the support bracket.
2. Place each half’s unattached end over one of the antenna’s lead-in terminals (one for each half of the UHF bowtie on each side of the boom). Note: Both bars of the isolation network should remain parallel to the main boom.
Step 5. Connecting Lead-in Cable To The Antenna
We recommend RG-6 cable, and, if you prepare your own cable, a quality F-connector. Note: If you prepare your own cable, slide a matching transformer’s weatherboot onto the cable before you attach the F-connector.
1. Thread the spade terminal ends of a matching transformer through either slot on the antenna’s strain relief tab. Then use the supplied washers and large wing nuts to secure the transformer’s leads to the antenna’s threaded lead-in terminals marked CONNECT LEAD-IN HERE.
2. Screw the cable’s F-connector onto the matching transformer. If you use a prebuilt cable without a weatherboot, cover the connection with weatherproof tape. Otherwise, slip the weatherboot over the connection.
Step 6. Unfolding The Antenna Elements
1. Hold each UHF wing boom and turn its elements until they snap squarely into place (perpendicular to the wing booms).
2. Press the supplied small end plugs into the ends of the wing booms.
3. Fold out the wing booms and secure them into position using the two supplied 1¼-inch screws and wing nuts.
4. Hold the main boom’s elements near the pivot points and pull them away from the boom until they snap into the locking support brackets.
Note: You may wait to unfold the elements until you get the antenna up on the roof or in your attic. Caution: Do not pull the elements near their outer ends or you could damage them.
You can also access the Installation Manual here.