Typically, when a new version of firmware is available, the RCA easyRip software will inform you when you connect your device to the PC.
To update the firmware on your SL5008, SLC5008 MP3 player manually, you will need to:
- Connect the device to your computer prior to installation.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Update/Restore Utility link.
- Select "Save" and select the appropriate folder to save the installer.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the instructions to complete installation.