RCA Lyra™ RD1071 Firmware Upgrade – Version 1.607
- This version features Secure WMA playback support for online music services!
- This firmware upgrade will allow all versions of hardware and firmware from the Lyra™ Player to playback contents purchased from most online music download services.
- After you purchase and download “Secure” Windows Media™ Audio (WMA) content, known as Digital Rights Management (DRM) content from online music services that offer DRM WMA purchases, this upgrade will allow you to transfer and play them on your device.
- You will need to use Windows Media Player 9.0TM or the application recommended by the online music download service to transfer DRM WMA to your Lyra device.
Previous version improvements
- Allows all hardware versions of RD1071 to playback mp3PRO files without locking up or shutting off the unit.
- Full mp3PRO support.
- Improved USB handling under Windows XPTM and Windows 2000 SP3TM.
- Improved support under Mac OS XTM; ejecting hardware works cleaner.
- Play order is now according to downloading order, not alphabetical order.
To download the firmware upgrade:
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link.
- Save the file to your computers desktop or other location where it can be quickly retrieved.
To upgrade your device using the download:
Caution: Contents stored inside your Lyra™ might be lost during the firmware upgrade process. Back up the player’s contents before proceeding. Do not connect your device until step #8.
Before running the firmware upgrade, please remove(uninstall) all previous versions of the Lyra™ “upgrader” for your device by following these steps:
- From the Windows “Start” menu, open the “Control Panel.”
- Select “Add or Remove Programs.”
- Find and remove the Lyra™ Personal Audio Player (RD1071), if it exists.
- Re-boot your PC if requested to.
- Locate the downloaded RD1071 upgrade file and double click it.
- Allow the program to completely install all USB drivers as well as the upgrade program and firmware. You may be required to reboot once the install is complete.
- If you get a box that says "Confirm Uninstall", “Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components?”, you will need to click “yes”, allow it to complete the maintenance, reboot your computer, and go back to step #3. This will only be necessary once.
- Make sure your Lyra™ RD1071 device is powered off and connect it to the PC using the USB cable.
- On the Lyra™ RD1071, press and hold the “Play” switch for at least 5 seconds. (This will put the Lyra™ RD1071 device into Recovery Mode, which is only necessary for firmware upgrades.) The LCD will remain off/blank. Depending on your Windows OS, there may be no response or your PC might find a “STMP3410” device or other such new device. The new drivers will be located and installed for the device. If you are requested to reboot, please do so.
- From the “Start” menu, select “Programs” > “Lyra™ Personal Audio Player” > “RD1071” > “Update Device.”
- After the program is finished searching for the device, drivers and new hardware may be detected and installed. (You may get an information box that reads, “media state is not initialized.” Click “OK” to continue.) Then the