Installing the Audiovox ACA200W License Plate Mounted Backup Camera
1. Remove the rear license plate.
2. Examine the vehicle to determine the best way to run the power wires
3. The Camera can be mounted above or below the plate. (For surface mounting with the included bracket, see the next section.) Determine the mounting location that best suits your needs. Be sure to verify that your installation plan complies with local laws and requirements. Most states require that the state name, registration stickers, and license number are not obstructed in any way.
4. Place the camera bracket behind the license plate and line up the holes. Fasten the camera mounting bracket and the license plate to the vehicle using the anti-theft screws provided. After installation of screws with the tool provided, place the tool in the glove compartment or other safe place for future use.
Surface Mounting Instructions
1. Find a suitable location on the vehicle where the bracket will not interfere with any equipment or doors, or block the line of sight. Verify that the planned mounting location is accessible from behind and that you have access to route the wiring inside the vehicle. Be sure that the mounting screws will not hit any wires or equipment
2. Attach the surface mounting bracket to the vehicle with the hardware
3. Route the camera wiring into the vehicle. The wire can be run through an existing grommet, behind a tail lamp, under the trunk molding, or if necessary, through a 5/8 inch hole drilled near the vehicle’s rear license plate. When choosing a wiring path, make sure the cable will not be damaged or pinched, as this may cause a short circuit that is not covered by the warranty. If drilling a hole, perform the following steps:
4. Remove the camera from the license plate bracket and attach it to the
Wiring the Camera to the Vehicle’s Reverse Lamp
1. Locate the reverse lamp in the tail light assembly.
2. Using the tap connector supplied, perform the following steps:
3. Attach the black wire to the ground (negative).
4. Repeat the above steps for the red wire.
Connecting the Video Signal
1. Connect the included video extension cable to the Yellow RCA jack on the camera harness.
2. Run the extension cable to the monitor and connect to the Video input.
Reverse/Normal Image Adjustment
The camera comes standard with a reversed image, designed for mounting at the rear of the vehicle. If you need to change to a forward or normal image view, clip the blue jumper wire loop on the wiring cable (labeled “Mirror Selection” below) to change the camera image to normal. Secure the clipped wires with electrical tape. To change back to reverse image view, reconnect the blue wires and secure with electrical tape.