Operating Instructions for Prestige AS9076 Remote Start Upgrade Module
The Remote Start Upgrade unit is designed to be added to an existing remote control keyless entry system, or remote alarm system.
Because it is an upgrade unit it can be wired to operate from any unused button(s) from your keychain transmitter. Please check with your installation center for which transmitter button is connected to your remote start unit and, if you require a single, double, or sequential press of the button(s) to operate your system.
|Remote Starting the Vehicle:
The unit will not start the vehicle if any one of the following situations exists:
- The vehicle's hood lid is opened.
- The gear shift selector in not in Park.
- The brake pedal is depressed.
- The safety control switch is in the off position.
To start the vehicle:
- Press and release the proper button or combination of buttons on your transmitter. The vehicle will start and remain running for the preprogrammed run cycle. As a visual indication, the parking lights will flash or remain on depending on the setting by your installation center.
- When you arrive at the vehicle, unlock the vehicle by pressing and releasing the unlock button of your keychain transmitter or by use of the vehicle key.
- Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition key to the on position (not the start position).
- Step on the brake pedal to disengage the remote start unit. The vehicle will continue to run but now on its own power.
|Safety (Red Handled) Control Switch:
The red handled control switch allows you to temporarily disable the remote starting function of the system.
To disable the unit:
- Move the switch to the off position.
The control switch also allows you to select between automatic 2 hour or 4 hour start up when using the automatic start up timer mode. The factory preset start up time for this mode is every 4 hours.
To select between 2 or 4 hour start up timer:
- Begin with the control switch in the on position.
- Turn the ignition switch on then off.
- Within 10 seconds, move the control switch off, on, off, on to select a 2 hour start timer. After 10 seconds expire, the parking lights flash 2 times confirming that the two hour start cycle is set.
- Or, within 10 seconds, move the control switch off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on to select a 4 hour start timer. The parking lights will flash 4 times confirming that the 4 hour start timer is set.
|Operating on Automatic Start Up Timer Mode:
Your system has the ability to automatically start the vehicle every 2 or 4 hours over a 48 hour period.
To being the timer:
- Turn the ignition key on then off.
- Within 10 seconds, activate the RF start command two times. The parking lights will flash 4 times indicating the timed start mode is activated.
- The vehicle on a 2 or 4 hour interval basis, will automatically start, run for the pre-programmed time and then shut off. This will continue for 48 hours.
To start the timer using only the transmitter:
- Start the vehicle using the transmitter by pressing and releasing the remote start transmitter button(s).
- Shut off the vehicle using the keychain transmitter by pressing and releasing the remote start transmitter button(s).
- Within 10 seconds, activate the RF start command two times. The parking lights will flash and the siren will chirp 4 times indicating the timed start mode is activated.<