Installing the Advent AMP403 Receiver
Using the Mounting Sleeve
2. Check the dashboard opening size by sliding the mounting sleeve into it. If the opening is too small, carefully cut or file as necessary until the sleeve easily slides into the opening. Do not force the sleeve into the opening or cause it to bend or bow. Check for sufficient space behind the dashboard for the radio chassis.
3. Locate the series of bend tabs along the top, bottom, and sides of the mounting sleeve. With the sleeve fully inserted into the dashboard opening, bend as many of the tabs outward as necessary to firmly secure the sleeve to the dashboard.
4. Place the radio in front of the dashboard opening so the wiring can be brought through the mounting sleeve. Follow the wiring diagram carefully and make certain all connections are secure and insulated with wire nuts or electrical tape. After completing the wiring connections, turn the unit on to confirm operation (vehicle ignition must be on). If the unit does not operate, re-check all wiring until the problem is corrected.
5. Make sure the radio is right-side up, then carefully slide the radio into the mounting sleeve until it is fully seated and the spring clips lock it into place
CAUTION: For proper operation of the CD player, the chassis must be mounted within 20° of horizontal. Make sure the unit is mounted within this limitation.
6. Secure the rear of the unit to the car body using the mounting bolt and rubber cushion.
7. Install the plastic trim ring (optional).
8. Test the radio using the Operating Instructions in the User's Manual.
Installation Using a Kit
If your vehicle requires the use of an installation kit to mount this radio, follow the instructions included with the installation kit to attach the radio to the mounting plate supplied with the kit.
This unit has threaded holes in the chassis side panels which may be used with the original factory mounting brackets of some Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Hyundai and Honda vehicles to mount the radio to the dashboard. Please consult with your local car stereo specialty shop for assistance on this type of installation.
1. Remove the existing factory radio from the dashboard or center console mounting. Save all hardware and brackets as they will be used to mount the new radio.
2. Carefully unsnap the plastic frame from the front of the new radio chassis. Remove and discard the frame.
3. Remove the factory mounting brackets and hardware from the existing radio and attach them to the new radio.
CAUTION: Do not exceed M5 X 6 MM screw size. Longer screws may touch and damage components inside the chassis.
4. Wire the new radio to the vehicle as described in step 4 of “Using the Mounting Sleeve”.
5. Mount the new radio assembly to the dashboard or center console using the reverse procedure in step 1 of “Using the Mounting Sleeve”.
Removing the Radio
To remove the radio after installation, remove the trim ring by lifting in the center and pulling it off from either side. Insert the removal keys straight back until they lock, then pull the radio out. If removal keys are inserted at an angle, they will not lock properly and will not release the unit.
Please click the image below to enlarge to see the wiring Diagram....