Operating Instructions for Prestige APS520 Alarm Security System
|Arming the System - Active:
- Turn off the ignition, exit the vehicle, and close all doors, hood lid and trunk lid.
- Press and release the Arm/Lock button on the key chain transmitter one time.
|Protection while the system is armed:
- Opening any protected door, hood, or trunk lid will cause the alarm to immediately sound. The alarm will continue to sound for 30 seconds, then stop and continue to monitor all protected entry points. If the thief left a door opened, the alarm will sound for six 30 second cycles, remain armed and ignore that triggered zone.
- Whenever the system is armed, the dash mounted LED will slowly flash. This serves as a visual deterrent to a potential thief. This LED is a very low current light emitting diode and will not drain the battery even if left unattended for long periods of time.
- Whenever the system is triggered, the vehicle's parking lights will flash for the full 30 second alarm cycle, attracting visual attention to the vehicle.
- Any strong impact to the vehicle's glass will cause the alarm to trigger for the full 30 second alarm cycle.
- Any mild impact to the vehicle's glass will cause the alarm to sound a short series of warning tones.
|Disarming the System:
- As you approach the vehicle, press and release the Disarm/Unlock button on the key chain transmitter.
|While the System is Sounding:
||If during a triggered state, you wish to shut off the siren without disarming your security system, simply press and release any transmitter button other than the disarm button. This action will turn off the siren yet leave the vehicle fully armed and protected.
|Intrusion Warning Signals:
This system will inform you if an intrusion attempt has occurred while you were away from the vehicle. If an intrusion attempt has occurred, the siren/horn will chirp 4 times and the parking lights will flash 3 times when disarming the system. Enter the vehicle, and observe the dash mounted LED to identify which zone was triggered.
- If the LED is flashing one time...pause...one time...pause, etc. then an intrusion attempt was made to the shock sensor, or an accessory triggering device that may have been added to the system.
- If the LED is flashing two times...pause...two times...pause, etc. then an intrusion attempt was made to a hood or trunk pin switch that was added to the system, or to a light activated entry point if the alarm was installed using the voltage sensing feature.
- If the LED is flashing three times...pause...three times...pause, etc., then an intrusion attempt was made through one of the vehicle's doors.
These intrusion warning indicators are stored in the system's memory, and will only be erased when the ignition key is turned on.
|Valet / Switch:
The valet switch allows you to temporarily bypass all alarm functions, eliminating the need to hand your transmitter to parking attendants or garage mechanics. When the system is in valet mode, all alarm functions are bypassed, however the remote panic feature and remote door locks will remain operational. To enter the valet mode:
- From the disarmed condition, turn the ignition switch to the "on" position.
- Press and hold the valet switch until the dash mounted LED turns on.
- To return to the normal mode of operation, press and release the valet switch any time the ignition is on.