- Unfold the elements on the two reflector booms until they lock into place. Make sure that they are straight and perpendicular to the boom.
- Attach the two reflector booms using the attached nut and bolt so that they are perpendicular to the smaller boom.
See Fig 1.
- Unfold the reflector booms until the lock into place.
See Fig 2.
- Unfold all the other elements on the antenna until they lock into place ensuring that they are flat and parallel to each other.
See Fig 3.
- Find the larger antenna section and remove the nut and bolt. Slide the narrow boom of the front antenna into the larger section. Tap lightly with a rubber mallet on the end of the small boom aligning the bolt holes. See Fig 4. Re-install the bolt and nut; be sure to tighten it securely.
Note: Make sure that the side of the small boom with the phasing lines line up with the nuts on the large boom.
- Remove the nuts and washers from the top of the first element holder studs. See Fig 5. Place the phasing lines from the front section over the studs, and re-attach the washers and hex nuts. Tighten them securely.
- Remove the rear nut and bolt from the larger antenna section. Slide the narrow boom of the rear antenna into the larger section. Tap lightly with a rubber mallet on the end of the small boom, aligning the bolt holes. See Fig 6. Re-install the bolt and nut; be sure the tighten is securely.
- Remove the nut and washer from the top of the last element holder stud on the top side of the antenna and repeat the process on the last element holder stud on the bottom side of the antenna. See Fig 6. Place the phasing lines from the rear section over the stud, one on the top side, one on the bottom, and reattach the washers and hex nuts. Tighten them securely.
- Lay the boom brace on top of the antenna keeping all the U-bolts on the same side. Locate the bolt hole in the corner reflector and attach the brace with the bolt and nut. Swing the boom brace down towards the rear. Form a "V" with the metal straps. Bolt the "V" to each side of boom. See Fig 7 and 8.
- Loosen the nuts on the downlead connections. Attach the transformer ends to the studs, between the washers, and tighten the nuts securely. See Fig 9. Attach the coax downlead to the transformer.
- Loosen the U-bolt nuts, slide the antenna over the mast and lightly tighten the two mast clamps. See Fig 10 and 11. The top side of the antenna is the side with the black plastic pieces on it.
Note: The top side of the antenna is the side with the black plastic pieces on top of the large boom.
- Connect the coax download to your TV. Rotate the antenna until you receive the best picture. You will probably need a helper to view the TV set while you are rotating the antenna. See "Pointing and Antenna Towards the Broadcast Tower".
Note: Point the small end of the antenna towards the station broadcast tower.
- Tighten the two mast clamps securely.
- Secure the coaxial downlead to the mast (using cable ties) to prevent if from whipping by the wind.
- Ground the antenna and mast per the accompanying grounding instructions.