Basic Operation of AR AW850 Outdoor Lantern and Wireless Speaker
Turning the Speaker On and Off:
- Press the Music/On/Off button on the bottom of the speaker to turn the speaker On or Off.
Note: The indicator light on the speaker's front panel will be illuminated when on and not illuminated when the speaker is off.
Turning the Lamp On and Off:
- Put the Light On/Off switch on the bottom of the speaker in the on position to turn the lamp on or the off position to turn the lamp off.
Note: If the lamp is on a switched outlet, make sure the outlet is on.
Adjusting the Transmitter:
- Turn on your audio source (for example, A/V receiver, MP3 player, stereo, etc.) and play music at a normal listening volume.
- Set the channel select switch on the back of the transmitter to one of the transmitter's three broadcast frequencies: 1, 2 or 3. If you experience poor reception or interference, try choosing a different frequency by moving the channel select switch to another position.
- When the transmitter is receiving an audio signal and is ready, the Signal indicator turns solid green.
If the Signal indicator on the transmitter does not turn on, please check the following:
- Confirm the transmitter AC power adapter is securely connected.
- Confirm the cable from the transmitter is securely connected to the audio source output (MP3 player, A/V receiver, etc.).
- Confirm the audio source is playing audio and is turned up.
Tuning the Speaker:
- Press the Music/On/Off button on the bottom of the speaker to turn it on. The indicator light on the front of the speaker blinks while the speaker is tuning to the transmitter. The indicator light turns solid blue when the speaker is tuned to the transmitter - you should hear sound coming from the speaker now. If the speaker is on a switched outlet, make sure the outlet is on.
Note: If the speaker is not tuned or if the transmitter is not connected properly, the indicator light will continue blinking. If this occurs, please refer to the Troubleshooting FAQ to solve the problem.
- Adjust the volume on the speaker as desired.
- Set up the speaker for mono or stereo reception using the switch on the bottom of the speaker.
Monaural operation: The monaural mode (mono) is recommended when using a single speaker by itself. For monaural operation, set the L/M/R switch to M on the speaker.
Stereo operation: You need an additional speaker for the stereo option. Set the L/M/R switch to L on the speaker located to the left from the listener, and set the other speaker to the R position.
- A single transmitter can send its signal to more than two speakers. All you need to do is tune the speakers to the single transmi