RCA Pearl TH1611, TC1611 MP3 Player
Back Up Your Data:
As with any portable player, you must back up the drive regularly. Audiovox is not responsible for any lost data!
Installing the battery in the player:
- Apply thumb pressure to slide the battery compartment cover in the direction of the arrow, then remove the cover.
- Insert the supplied AAA battery, following the polarity marks in the battery compartment.
- Replace the cover.
- Refer to the battery level icon on the display to check the battery level.
- Replace the battery when the icon is empty.
|Connecting to your Computer:
- Rotate the USB plug out of the player body and connect the player to your PC as shown below.
- The player will turn on automatically and display "USB Connected" on the display. The player will appear as a drive letter on your computer, a Mass Storage Class (MSC) device, and behave as a detachable drive for file transfer in one or both directions.
- The RCA EasyRip Media Software installer (stored in the player) will launch automatically.
- Click Next to begin the installation and follow the instructions to install the software on your PC.
- The software installer can be deleted from the player after installation to free up more storage spaces.
- It might take several seconds for the player to be detected. Click Refresh in My Computer or Windows Explorer to make sure the player has been detected.
- The player is capable of transferring files at USB 2.0. If USB 2.0 port is available on your computer, use it to connect to your player. The player is still backward compatible with the older USB 1.1 ports. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of the potential speed increase.
- Important: Don't disconnect the USB cable to the PC or the player during the software installation.
- If the installer does not auto-launch, go to MyComputer in the Start menu, find and open the drive letter associated with the player and then double-click the rcaeasyrip_setup file to launch the installer.
Checking for Updates:
The included RCA EasyRip software will automatically detect if a newer version of firmware is available for your player and notify you when you connect your player to your PC.
To manually check for updates:
- Connect the player to your computer.
- Run the RCA EasyRip software.
- Open the RCA EasyRip "Player Info" module.
- Click on the "Update" button.
- If an update is available, please follow the on-screen instructions.
Disconnecting from your Computer:
Windows will show the player as a removable disk:
- In the Windows system tray, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon and then select the player from the list of devices.
- When the Safe to remove hardware message appears, unplug the player from the PC.
Important: Do Not disconnect the USB connection during file download. Doing so may corrupt system files or the files being downloaded.</p