Troubleshooting your AW877 Wireless Speakers
|Why do I hear static or distorted sound from my AW877 Speakers?||When using battery power, make sure the batteries are fresh and replace if necessary.
Check that the speaker STDBY./TUNED indicator is illuminated blue.
Change the position of the channel select switch (1, 2 or 3) to change the operating frequency. The speaker will detect the loss of signal and retune automatically. You can also press the Power/Volume/Tuning control once to make the speaker retune.
Change the location of the AW872 transmitter. Place it as high and away from obstructions as possible. Avoid placing the transmitter directly on top of or behind a TV.
Move the AW872 transmitter and speaker closer together. Sending the signal through certain materials, such as glass, tile, and metal, can decrease the effective transmitting distance of the system.
|Why is there no sound from my AW877 speakers?||• Check that the AW872 transmitter AC power adapter is fully inserted into the wall outlet and the power cord from the AC adapter is firmly connected to the transmitter power input jack.
• Confirm that the speakers are turned on and tuned to the AW872 transmitter— the STDBY./TUNED indicator light on the front of each speaker should be illuminated blue.
• If you're using the power adapters, confirm that all three (for both speakers and for the transmitter) are fully inserted into their wall outlets and the adapter power cords are firmly connected to the power input jacks on the transmitter or speaker.
• If you're using batteries, check that they are fresh and inserted with correct polarity (+, –).
• Check that the audio source component (stereo, TV, etc.) is turned on and transmitting sound as it normally should.
• Check that the speaker volumes are turned up.
• If you are using a Tape 2 Monitor output from your receiver/amp as the audio output, check that you have pressed the Tape Monitor/Tape 2 button on the front of the receiver. This will turn on the Tape 2 outputs, which may not have been active
|Are there any precautions I need to be concerned with when using batteries with my AW877 speakers?||Important: If you are using rechargeable batteries NiMH or NiCd, the batteries will charge when the speaker is powered with the AC power adapter.