Operating Instructions for PRO9555A Remote Start System
The Lock/Unlock on the transmitter is used to lock and unlock the vehicle's doors.
To lock or unlock the doors:
- Simply press and release this button one time. As a keyless entry unit, for your convenience, the parking lights will flash once when the doors are locked and twice when the doors are unlocked.
|Remote Car Finder
The Lock/Unlock button is also used to access the car finder mode. This feature is particularly useful in a crowded parking lot where finding your car may be difficult.
To access the car finder mode, while within range of your car:
- Simply press and hold the lock/unlock button of your transmitter for three seconds. The parking lights will begin to flash making your vehicle more visible. The lights will stop automatically after 30 seconds.
- If you wish to turn off the car finder mode prior to the expiration of the 30 second timer, press and release the lock/unlock button of your transmitter one time.
|Remote Starting the Vehicle
The system will not start the vehicle if any one of the following situations exists:
- The vehicle's hood is opened.
- The gear selector is not in Park.
- The brake pedal is depressed.
- The safety control switch is in the Off position.
To remote start the vehicle:
- Press and release the transmitter button with the Key symbol on it two times within 2 seconds. The vehicle will start and remain running for the pre-programmed 5, 10, 15 or 20 minute run cycle. As a visual indication, the parking lights will flash or remain on depending on the setting by your installation center.
- When you arrive at the vehicle, turn the ignition key to the on position (not the spring loaded start position).
- Step on the brake pedal to disengage the remote start unit. The vehicle will continue to run but now on it's own power.
Note: The engine will stop running before the pre-programmed run cycle has expired if you perform any one of the following functions:
- Press and release button #2 on the key chain transmitter two times within 2 seconds.
- Depress the brake pedal.
- Open the vehicle's hood
- Move the control switch to the off position.
|Safety Control Switch
The control switch allows you to temporarily disable the remote starting function of the system.
Move this switch to the off position whenever the vehicle is being serviced.
When the system is disabled, the remote door locks and optional accessories will remain operational.
For more detailed operating instructions, please refer to your Owner's Manual.