RD2010 Firmware Upgrade Utility with Windows 98SETM and Windows METM USB Drivers (version 1.51)
- New embedded profiling allow you to profile your songs without using a computer. (The device will reboot after profiling. All existing settings will be preserved.)
- “Remaining time” display during radio record now functions properly with larger memory cards.
- Also features previous upgrade features that allow you to play mp3 and DRM WMA*. This firmware upgrade will allow your device to playback content purchased from most online music download services.
- This upgrade also improves the FM record features and allows you to record FM programs at 48, 96, 128kbps .mp3 format.
- Additionally, the external slot now correctly recognizes and accesses SD/MMC memory cards.
To download the upgrade:
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link to get the RD2010 Firmware version 1.51.
- Save the file to your computer's desktop or other location where it can be quickly retrieved.
To upgrade your RD2010 using the download:
Caution: Contents stored inside your Lyra™ might be lost during the firmware upgrade process. Back up the player’s contents before proceeding. Do not connect your device until step #3.
- Locate the downloaded RD2010 upgrade file and double click it.
- Following the on-screen instructions, allow the program to completely install all USB drivers (Windows 98SE and Windows ME) as well as the upgrade program and firmware. You may be required to reboot once the install is complete.
- Connect your RD2010 to the PC using the USB cable.
- From the “Start” menu, select “Programs” > “Lyra™ Personal Audio Player” > “RD2010” > “Update Device.”
- After the program is finished searching for the device, drivers and new hardware may be detected and installed. Then the “Update Lyra™ Device” box will pop up with current version and new version (1.51) of firmware shown.
- Press “Start” to update the firmware of your Lyra™ RD2010. Depending on your existing firmware version, the Upgrader might show an option for formatting the device. Click “Yes” to continue.
- When the update is complete, click “Close.” If present, use the Windows system tray icon to safely disconnect the Lyra™ RD2010 and unplug it from the USB cable.
Your update is now complete.
*After you purchase and download Secure Windows Media™ Audio (WMA) content, (known as Digital Rights Management or DRM content) from online music services that offer DRM WMA purchases, this upgrade will allow you to transfer and play them on these devices. You will need to use Windows Media Player 9.0 or the application recommended by the online music download service to transfer DRM WMA to your Lyra™ device.