- Enhanced USB connect time. (Up to 400%!)
- Enhanced playback quality of WMA files (160 kbps to 256 kbps).
- Enhanced browsing performance (speed) when switching from internal to external songs and back.
- Fixes previous compatibility issue with some SD cards.
- Fixes issues with properly handling locked SD cards when using Windows 98SETM and MeTM.
- Fixes USB connectivity issues with Windows 2000 SP3TM and Windows XP SP1TM.
- Fixes memory size recognition and formatting issues in Windows 2000TM and XPTM.
To upgrade your RCA RD1020, perform the following steps:
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link.
- After downloading and running the software upgrader, connect the RD1020 device to the USB port.
- Once the RD1020 device is detected, the ‘Upload’ button will be enabled.
- Select the DRIVE letter of the RD1020 device you wish to upgrade and then press the UPLOAD button.
- At the end of the upgrade process, if using Windows 2000, ME or XPTM, please stop the RD1020 device by clicking the unplug or eject hardware icon from the system tray.
- Physically unplug the RD1020 from the USB port.
The RD1020 device is now upgraded to the latest software revision.