Please try these steps to resolve the issue with changing TV channels:
- If your remote has a dash (-) button, use it to access digital channels. For example, if the channel you want to access is 6.1, press 6, then the dash button (-), and then 1.
- If your remote does not have a dash button, you might not be able to use the number buttons to tune directly to a digital channel. Use the channel up and down buttons instead.
- If this is a new problem for you or you have a new TV:
- Make sure there are no obstacles between the remote and your TV.
- Move closer to the TV and make sure the remote is pointed directly at the TV's front panel.
- Make sure the batteries are installed correctly.
- Try fresh batteries.
- Finally; if your remote is over four years old, it might not be able to operate some newer TV's, or it may be able to operate only some functions but not others.