Operating Instructions for the Audiovox VOD108FR Overhead LCD Monitor with DVD Player
TURNING THE UNIT ON OR OFF
- Pushing in the Screen Release button will unlock the LCD screen and it will drop down slightly. Pivot the screen downward until a comfortable viewing angle is reached. The hinge friction will hold the screen in position while the system is in use.
- Pressing the power button* on the unit or the remote control will turn the system on and off. When in use the internal backlighting will illuminate the controls.
- After the unit has been turned on and is displaying a picture, adjust the viewing angle, by pivoting the screen to optimize the picture quality.
- Remember to turn the unit off and pivot the LCD to the locked position when not in use.
Note: Unit will turn On automatically when a Disc is inserted.
OVERHEAD DOME LIGHTS
The Dome Lights integrated into the unit are controlled by a three position slide switch. Sliding the switch to the ON position will turn the lights ON. The OFF position will prevent the lights from turning ON with the vehicle's interior lighting and the auto position will allow the lights to turn ON and OFF with the vehicle's interior lighting. Refer to the Installation Guide for wire connections. Do not leave the vehicle unattended with the dome light switch in the ON position, as this could result in a discharged battery.
REAR IR SENSOR
The VOD108FR incorporates two infrared remote sensors to relay signals to the unit when the remote control is pointed at the remote sensor.
WIRELESS HEADPHONES: The VOD108FR includes a built-in infrared transmitter for use with the supplied wireless headphones. The headphone volume is adjusted using the controls on each headset. Any number of wireless headphones may be used but they must be used within a line of sight from the transmitter, as infrared transmissions, like visible light travel only in a straight line. See the documentation accompanying your wireless headphones.
WIRED HEADPHONES (OPTIONAL): There is one 1/8” headphone jack on the unit that can be used with any standard wired stereo headphones with a 1/8” plug. This jack is controlled by the volume up/down buttons on the remote control.
AV1: The AV1 input may be connected to a external video source, video game system, or other audio / video devices. To access the audio/video inputs, turn the unit on and press the S (source) button on the VOD108FR or the Source button on the remote control until "AV1" is displayed on the screen. Turn the video source component on with its power button or remote control and it is now ready to play the audio and video signals from the source connected.
Note: AV1 sources are available only if pre-installed during your video product installation.
FLO TV: This option is not available any longer. Please click here for more information.
AUX: The AUX input may be connected to an external video source, video game system, or other audio/video devices. To access the audio / video inputs, turn the unit on and press the S (source) button on the unit or the Source button on the remote control until "AUX" is displayed on the screen.
Note: The VOD108FR can be used with many currently available portable media players that have RCA output cables. Plug the RCA outputs of the portable media player into the RCA connectors on the A/V adapter cable supplied with your VOD108FR and plug the 3.5mm plug on the other end of the adapter into the into the AUX IN jack on the side of the VOD108FR.
Your portable media player may need a special adapter from the manufacturer to be able to play video on the unit. Check the owner’s manual supplied with your portable media player to see if one is available.
GAME: Press the unit's S (source) button until the screen displays GAMES. The GAME selection is controlled by wireless game controller.
USING THE WIRELESS GAME CONTROLLER
The Game Controller transmits to the VOD108FR with two infrared transmitters located on the front of the Game Controller. The Game Controller must be pointed toward the unit for correct operation.
Game Controller Functional Description:
- Install two AAA batteries in the Game Controller. Observe the correct polarity.
- Use the ON/OFF selector switch to turn on the Game Controller. A list of ten games will be displayed.
- Use the A button (page up) or B button (page down) to display the three pages of games (1-10, 11-20, 21-30). Then use the direction buttons to move the arrow to the desired game. Press Start to select the game.
- Press Start to begin the game. Press Start again at any time to pause the game.
- Press RESET to return to the game list.
- Use the ON/OFF selector switch to turn off the Game Controller after use.
The System Menu Contains features and options that let you customize your system to change the screen mode display, OSD language and source default.
- Press the System Menu button on the remote.
- Use the cursor buttons Up or Down to select the desired item in the main page and press the Enter button to select.
- Use the cursor buttons Up or Down to select an item in the sub menu and then press Enter to select.
- Press the System Menu button to exit the menu.
Note: The System Menu must be operated using the remote control only.
|SETTINGS AND ADJUSTMENTS
The Setup Menu contains features and options that let you customize your DVD player. For example, you can set a language for the onscreen display or prevent DVD playback for children.
Using the Setup Menu:
- Press the Setup button.
- To set the desired option, move the highlight into the setup area using the cursor button Right.
- After entering the setup area, highlight the desired option using the cursor buttons Up or Down.
- Press Right to open the sub menu that contains the different options available. Press Up or Down to highlight the desired option, and press Enter to confirm the selection.
- Repeat steps 3-4 to set the options that reside on the same Setup Page.
- To change to another Setup page, press Left to position the highlight back on the icon side of the Setup page. Then, repeat steps 2-5.
- Press the Setup button again to exit the Setup Menu.
DVD Region Code: The DVD player is preset to a region code at the factory depending on where the DVD player is sold. DVDs from a different region cannot be played in this unit and the unit will display "WRONG REGION”.
Types of Discs your DVD will play:
- DVD* disc -DVD discs which contain video.
- Audio discs - Audio CDs contain musical or sound content only.
- MP3 discs - A disc that contains audio files (for example, a CD-R with downloaded MP3 files).
* This system is capable of playing most recordable DVD formats. However, due to the variety of disc manufacturers and software, playback cannot be guaranteed.
Loading and Playing Discs: Before you load a disc, make sure that it is compatible with the player. Insert the disc with the label facing the headliner of the vehicle. Note: The following Discs CANNOT be used with this player:
- CD-1, BD (Blu-ray Disc) CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Super Audio CD (SACD), DVD Audio, JPEG
To load and Play a Disc: Press the Power button to turn the unit ON. Select DVD mode and insert the disc (Label facing headliner) into the disc compartment.
- Press the Display button on the remote control to display the status banner. The banner includes title, chapter, angle, audio, subtitle and time.
- Title Selection: Press numeric buttons to initiate a change of title selection. Then press Enter to implement the selection.
- Chapter Selection: Press numeric buttons to initiate a change of chapter selection. Then press Enter to implement the selection.
- The System will detect the insertion of the USB device automatically if no disc is loaded. The system only auto detects the first media inserted (USB drive); the second media source can be manually selected by pressing the DVD source button on the remote control when the unit is in DVD mode.
- When a disc is inserted, the system will switch to DVD mode immediately regardless of a USB media is currently playing.
- The DVD source (DVD or USB) can only be changed if the DVD is stopped..
- This system cannot support more than 2 memory partitions on the USB thumb drive.
Note: The system will always default to the DVD when the system detects a disc in the DVD player.
PLAYING MP3 DISCS
MP3 is a format for storing digital audio. An audio CD-quality song can be compressed into the MP3 format with very little loss of quality, while taking up much less space. CD-R discs that have been encoded in MP3 format can be played on DVD player. The DVD player plays the songs in the order they were burned on to the disc. When playback is started the elapsed time of the track that is playing will be displayed.
Selecting Folders and Songs: When a device containing MP3 files is loaded in the player, the navigation menu appears automatically.
- Press Up or Down to move the highlight to the desired folder (if present) on the left side of the menu and press Enter. The songs in the folder will be displayed on the screen.
- Press Up or Down to move the highlight to the desired track containing the song and press Enter to begin track playback.
Skipping Songs: Use the Next button on the remote control to move to the next song. Use the Previous button to move to the previous song.
Selecting a Play Mode:
Filter (For MP3 and JPEG only): Filter Mode enables or disables the display of files contained on the media based on their file extension. The filter function applies to the following formats:
- Audio - Audio data format (MP3, WMA).
- Photo- Photo data format (JPEG)
- Video - Video data format (MPEG I, II)
Flat Mode: Plays the entire disc - This mode is always on (default). During the flat mode, all the data folders with MP3, JPEG and movies will be played in sequence. If the flat mode function is off, it will only play the selected folder; other folders are disabled.
Repeat: Plays Repetitively - Repeat function has 4 options: Off, Single, Folder, All. Move cursor to repeat function and press Enter. Each time Enter is pressed the unit will cycle through the available options.
Mode: Play Mode - The mode function has 4 options: Shuffle, Random and Music Intro. Move cursor to the mode area and press Enter repeatedly until the desired mode is displayed.
Add to Program: To add the selected songs into Browser view, make sure disc playback is off. Move cursor to “Edit Mode” function and press ENTER. After Edit Mode” is selected, move cursor to songs list and select the songs which will be compiled and press ENTER. A check mark appears to the left of the selected song; to add the selected songs to the program, move cursor to the “Add to Program” function and press ENTER. The selected songs is added into a new program list and the check mark will disappear on play list, move cursor to “Program View” function and press ENTER to browse the songs in the program. Press play button to play the selected songs.
Note: Edit Mode, Program View or Add to Program functions are relationship related when selecting the preferred song add to the songs list.
Clear Program: To clear the selected song files, press the STOP button twice during playback mode. Move the cursor to the “Edit Mode” function and press ENTER. After “Edit Mode” is selected, move cursor to selected songs list and select the songs you want to delete. Press ENTER and a check mark will appear to the left of the selected song. Move the cursor to clear program and press ENTER, the selected songs will be deleted from the play list.